Recommendation? Edge pro - changing the angle at the tip

Hey guys, I've had my edge pro for a week now and I always run into the problem of the steeper angle at the tip. I've tried changing the angle of the tip and changing the angle of the rest of the blade. I'm trying to find the fastest way to sharpen on the edge pro. I've also tried rotating the knife when I get to the tip to match the angle. I cant get it sharp at the tip. Have you guys ever had this problem? Do you guys know any technique I should use when doing this?

Also, some knives I do I get them really sharp and some knives, for some reason usually kitchen knives, they don't push cut paper very well. I do the same thing in every blade. Did any of you have that problem at first? Do I have to get all knives push cutting sharp for all customers?

Thanks guys,

Bo

Bo, I think you really need to watch and study the videos that Ben Dale (Edge Pro) puts out about how to sharpen with that system. You've already asked a version of this same question and gotten answers, yet you're asking again re: sharpening the tips of knives. If you're going to keep asking the same question, at least post pictures so maybe we can try to help you based on what we observe. Otherwise you're going to keep hearing the same responses.

In my opinion, if your knives are not push cutting standard copy paper when you're done something is wrong. I've sharpened knives with 300 (~ 40-45 micron) grit diamond and no stropping, yet they push cut paper no problem.

Good luck and keep practicing.

For the quickest way to sharpen the whole knife, set the angle based on the tip angle and sharpen the knife that way.

Peters: I wanted to get specific about changing the angle rather than reprofiling the tip of the rest of the blade. The answers stopped coming in anyway. So I thought I'd rephrase the question. I've watched a lot of Ben's videos and haven't found any that cover this different angle at the tip. Are there any?
I found that on some of the knives that didn't get sharp that there are tiny chips out of the edge that I didnt notice before.

115italian: okay so you mean reprofile the rest of the blade? Is that quicker than reprofiling the tip? I'm going to try both again but I want to to know What you think.

Thanks man,

Bo

Back