EKI - Mini A-100 in stock

$25.00 to ship a folder from Emerson. This is a complete ripoff and a slap in the face to us as customers

$25.00 to ship a folder from Emerson. This is a complete ripoff and a slap in the face to us as customers

It could be worse... here’s shipping to Hawaii. I almost bought one last night (especially after seeing your coupon code) and had it shipped to a family member in the mainland to reship to me but I decided not to.
500A5AE3-F22F-458A-9FF3-133962977E94.png

it's a freaking joke from Emerson. I sent them a message but they'll most likely not respond. this will keep me from ever ordering directly or even a new knife again.

I sent a few messages over the last year and they have always been helpful. They suggested I call and place the order over the phone and they can maybe figure out a cheaper shipping option to Hawaii. If I remember correctly they are considering bringing back USPS as well which will make shipping prices cheaper.

Did any buy one of the mini A-100’s last week? I’m curious how long shipping takes. I purchased one the day they dropped and haven’t received a shipping notice.

only thing I received was email stating Emerson had received my order.

If you live in the USA and the delivery address matches your credit card in the email, it should process fine.
If you live overseas, they just cancel the order and then it's a long / expensive process (I'll just buy from a dealer.)

Emerson should just license the Mini A-100 to ZT (along with the Mini CQC 7a and 7aw, two other excellent but discontinued smaller folders.)

I was lucky enough last week to get a Mini A-100 from the Emerson site. Immediately after my order, they went out of stock again. Maybe there were just a few or only one.

I sold my earlier Mini A-100 a few years ago. I wanted to try a newer one, based upon reports of improvements.

Out-of-the-box, there were some obvious improvements: Most obvious -- the blade was centered. And has stayed that way. The blade opened smoothly -- no sticky.

But closing was another matter -- it was sticky and gritty and felt like grinding your fingernails on an emery board.

I tried the lead pencil trick without success.

So I brought out my trusty black Sharpie. At the end of Day 1, it still felt sticky. And it squeaked.

After Day 2, the same.

Day 3, not much difference.

On Day 4, I used the Sharpie a fourth time.

Success!

After hundreds of opening and closings, my thumb is sore from the rough ridges of the thumb disk. I love the sensuous feel of G-10 but this is rough enough to take a layer off the material of running shorts.

I love the Mini A-100. It's small enough to carry easily in my running shorts while I walk the dogs. The blade was sharp out of the box. I can even open it as a front-flipper like I do with some of my Mnandis. I love, love being able to use a standard screw driver to adjust the pivot screw.

I doubt Ernie will ever make the improvements I'd like to see. If he went the ZT route, I'd buy my third Mini A-100 in a heartbeat.

Back