EKI question/complaint

First time dealing w/ EKI

Ordered a $16 pocket clip from EKI and was charged $23 for shipping. Sent email inquiring if this was correct and or if I had mistakenly chose an option..

And if this was indeed the correct amount and there were no other shipping options available, please cancel my order.

Recieved an email from Ernesto stating that my order woukd be cancelled, no problem.

Two days later I get shipping notice from UPS via email that I have a package inbound from EKI..Order had been processed..

Multiple emails and phone calls to EKI yielded zero respone.

Is this a common experience for the brand?

Well, the out of whack shipping cost is common.

Buy your official EKI clips on eBay or somewhere else. Several places do free shipping, or very minimal.

Thanks for the reply and info on the clips..

Was looking to shop the brand...more put off by the response not being honored and then the lack of response...

$40 for a $16 clip...bad enough, but not unexpected dealing w/ a manufacturer opposed to secondary/distributor...but the subsequent experience/conflicting email and lack of response is the greater issue.

Thanks again for the reply

Either buy the clips other places or bundle them with a more expensive item.

Not surprised by the slow responses to emails. But a telephone call usually works.

I hate seeing profit on shipping as I am really not sure what shipping method used on an item of that type could be $23 so it certainly appears to be profit in the shipping charge.

Either buy the clips other places or bundle them with a more expensive item.

Not surprised by the slow responses to emails. But a telephone call usually works.

Yea...I get all that... $23 to ship is straight bullshit.

I didn't get a slow response, what I got was a conflicting response..dead wrong/opposite to what is..

Then... I've.received no response. .

Damn and I was thinking about ordering a clip too. That shipping fee is not even logical. Even $10 would leave me scratching my head a little.

Yeah that would rub me raw. That's one of the reasons why I've drifted away from the brand. Give em a call, see what's going on and let us know.

Yeah that would rub me raw. That's one of the reasons why I've drifted away from the brand. Give em a call, see what's going on and let us know.

I will, for sure.

1/2 dozen calls in to a "full mailbox" thus far has me taking a deep breath. Tax week, and this "Po Boy" is a working slob..not too many things more valued to me than my monies...my time, happens to be one of them.

Broken hearted refuge..I'm not one to fly flags or swear allegiance lightly ..But I flew a big Blue flag for some time...Happy and famIiar w/ being a ronin, if you will..Looking for a new castle to defend..this, for sure.. ain't it..

Love some of the designs, have two 0640's..hence the pocket clip search. Figured I'd give this brand a second look...owning, loving and trusting a BM 970 for years...I looked at an new EKI CQC years ago, considering...what a rattling pos...thought I'd take another look...

Great designs, some...even better marketing..Like Budweiser...great marketing...shit product..

..not even touching on the pricing

Would be nice to think Ernesto lights a candle and says a novina to Phil Hartsfield every day...or does a whiskey induced Irish jig while raising a glass to the man once a year...doubt it..

Probably markets his "Irish"..same as how he markets his knives...the notion is there...not much else..

Last edited:
Call them early in the morning if you can, like close to their opening hours. I've had good experiences at this time with change orders or phone pick ups.

XvRvAmJ.jpg

EKI

Black Flag pocket clip: $16
Add on screw set: $2.00
Shipping/UPS Ground: $20.08

Total
$38.08

I would get a lot of different little things to spread the cost of delivery...

Yea,.. We've been over that. Appreciate your input.

I won't be spreading anything..lots, little or different..w/ EKI.

This package will be returned unopened.

Emailed several times myself in the past about a pending order. Never got a response. Pretty much drifted away as well over time for various reasons and sold my last Emerson yesterday.

Just for kicks, i plugged the zip codes to and from into UPS, and got 18 bucks to ship. Include the cost of the envelope, and 20 bucks is pretty accurate, without any markup. Why not use USPS, which would cost a few bucks? The old excuse was that an employee had to take the parcel to the Post Office. That's now bullshite, as postage can be bought and printed via computer, etc...and the Carrier can pick it up, etc....

Just for kicks, i plugged the zip codes to and from into UPS, and got 18 bucks to ship. Include the cost of the envelope, and 20 bucks is pretty accurate, without any markup. Why not use USPS, which would cost a few bucks? The old excuse was that an employee had to take the parcel to the Post Office. That's now bullshite, as postage can be bought and printed via computer, etc...and the Carrier can pick it up, etc....

My issue is more w/ the email to me stating my cancellation was confirmed..then the sale proceeding w/ no further replys to multiple calls/emails.

Never thought for a minute Ernesto was trying to get rich off the mail..if that's what he chooses to pay shipping , that's cool...I opted out, confirmed, then ignored..

My request was obviously seen/read...so, either ignored or overlooked. ='s a "fuck you" or at least two people are walking around w/ their head up their ass..

And unless I've misunderstood EKI return policy...item would have to be recieved back to them..7 days after the order was placed/honored..?.. for refund/credit..and, you can bet I would be given credit, not a refund..

..wasting my time, is what aggravates me

Back