EKT Companion-GEN 2 now up on IndieGoGo

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
Guys, Jeff over at cutlerylover advised that I post a funding campaign for the second generation EKT Companion on Indiegogo. It is up and running. The new generation will be compatible with the first gen handles, but be USA made, flat ground instead of saber ground, and will be in CPM20CV instead of CPM S35VN. They are going to be great! Check it out:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/evans-knife-and-tool-companion-usa-made/x/13473486#/

-------------------------

I'm very excited to start building some of the sheaths for all of these. I hope some of you have seen my work or heard about me. I hope this doesn't come out wrong but there is a reason that Brian chose me to do his custom kydex sheath work. I take a lot of pride in my work and putting my name behind it. If it's not right, I don't send it out.

Good luck to everyone in getting in on this huge opportunity for a fantastic American made knife in a truly incredible steel.

I wanted to address this comment specifically. Ronnie isn't being arrogant. His sheath work is really that solid. His sheath is an amazing addition to the knife package and I'm super excited to offer it with this knife. These aren't cheaply made, mass produced sheaths. This is QUALITY kydex bending at it's best. I will only put the best around my knives, and I consider Ronnie's work to be just that.
------------------------

UPDATES

***EDIT 4/23 1930***
***A COMPANION GEN 2 CAMPAIGN UPDATE***
I am proud to announce that late yesterday evening the campaign met it's funding goal of $19,000!!! THANK ALL OF YOU WHO SHARED AND PROMOTED AND CONTRIBUTED TO THE CAMPAIGN! As of right now the campaign is 118.71% funded at a total of $22,550! I am in awe. There has been over $4,500 contributed in the last 48 hours. Today and yesterday have been the 2nd and 3rd largest contributing days of the entire campaign. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

***EDIT 4/3 1022***
***A COMPANION GEN 2 CAMPAIGN UPDATE!***
Well, I had an internet issue and my page reset, so let's try this update again!
With 24 days left in the campaign, we are 74.39% funded with $14,135 raised! Only $4865 left!! Keep sharing on social media guys, I know there are other knife guys that would love to carry one of these knives. Just a little more than three weeks left. We are in crunch time now! It's going to be close! With all of your help I know we can do it! Thanks everyone!

***EDIT 3/15 2033***
***A COMPANION GEN 2 CAMPAIGN UPDATE!***
After 18 days, the campaign is 56% funded with $10,655 raised. Only $8345 left to go!! I know we can do it!
I am asking for everyone to share this post on their walls, on their favorite forums/boards/pages, and post it to their twitter feeds and instagrams. I am confident with a little boost in publicity the campaign could be completely funded in only a couple more weeks, but I need all of your help!
Thanks everyone.

***EDIT 3/6 1822***
UPDATE ON THE COMPANION GEN 2 CAMPAIGN
As of right now, the campaign is 47% funded, with $8915 of $19,000 needed. THIS IS AWESOME GUYS!!
THANK YOU! I am sure they are going to be funded in time, but I need all of your help to make this a great campaign. Share this to your facebook pages, twitter feeds, and any forums or facebook groups you're a part of. Help me get the word out about these great knives!

***EDIT 3/1 2330***
UPDATE ON THE COMPANION GEN 2 CAMPAIGN
As of right now, we are sitting at 30.26% funded, with $5,750 of the $19,000 needed raised in only 4 days!!
HOLY COW!
I'm speechless. I cannot believe that there has been this much support. The knife is amazing and I know you are all going to love it.
Only $13,250 to go! I know we can do it! Let's make the USA made Companions a reality!

Last edited:
I just got the first contribution/preorder too! This is going to be great!!

I will be emailing everyone on the waiting list over the weekend to inform them of the campaign.

Cutlerylover will be doing a psa type video on the campaign as well.

I need to sell at least 130 knives on pre-order to get them made. We'll see what happens!

i am pleased to have made that first pre order and now eagerly await funding/preorders to reach 100%

i am pleased to have made that first pre order and now eagerly await funding/preorders to reach 100%
Hey! Thank you! I appreciate the support! Spread the word and lets get the campaign funded! It's at 5% right now after 2 days.

You should put something official up on the Facebooks as well. That way we can share it around.

Hey Brian. There's a mistype in the Jade G10 scale bundle. In the description it still says Black G10.

Nothing against brian, but watching cutlery lovers video and doing a bit of research myself, it appears that you don't get your money back if funding isn't met.

"This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach it's goal."

I'm sure this is a mistake on brian's part, but again, just putting it out there as I almost donated as well.

you must have missed this *IF THIS CAMPAIGN IS NOT FULLY FUNDED, ALL CONTRIBUTIONS WILL BE RETURNED TO THE CONTRIBUTORS

My Warranty:
If it breaks I will repair or replace it at no cost, for as long as I'm making knives. **No matter what.** The guarantee follows the knife. If it has my signature on the blade, it's covered.

What We Need & What You Get
It is going to cost $19,000 to get the knives made and shipped to you.

The minimum amount of knives I can produce at a time is 200. If more people want one, we can increase the number of knives.

****IF THIS CAMPAIGN IS NOT FULLY FUNDED, ALL CONTRIBUTIONS WILL BE RETURNED TO THE CONTRIBUTORS****

Woohoo! Already 11% funded in such a short time! Things are looking very good for the 2nd generation of Companions. I've been spreading the word on different media (I really want to see these made), and will likely contribute myself, though can't promise anything right now as it does cost quite a bit more in beaverbucks than the 1st gen. Regardless of this fact, I'm certain it will be worth it if the original Companion is anything to go by.

The second gen is going to be downright freaking amazing. CPM20CV is one of my favorite steels.

The campaign is at 12%, $2275 of $19000 so far! 57 (I think) days left! Thank you to all the contributors so far!!

Just submitted my contribution, super excited about this knife since watching a few of cutlerylovers videos!

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose indiegogo over something like Kickstarter where funds are billed only after the goal is reached? I feel like folks might be scared off by the "funded no matter what" language from indiegogo, even if you do clarify your refund policy in your description.

Either way, can't wait to get this thing in hand!

Plugged earlier today, super excited for the campaign progress :)! This will be my first knife with CPM20CV and I am curious to see how it will preform. Out of curiosity will there be any add on options for the campaign? Such as extra scales, bi-colored sheaths, different colored hardware fixtures? I don't think these things would be needed, but would be really cool to have, plus it may draw in people who may already have one of your blades, but don't customize their blades themselves.

Just submitted my contribution, super excited about this knife since watching a few of cutlerylovers videos!

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose indiegogo over something like Kickstarter where funds are billed only after the goal is reached? I feel like folks might be scared off by the "funded no matter what" language from indiegogo, even if you do clarify your refund policy in your description.

Either way, can't wait to get this thing in hand!

Thank you for your contribution!!
I chose Indiegogo because it was what was recommended to me. I chose flexible over fixed funding because I'm an idiot and didn't quite understand what I was choosing. How's that for an answer? :)

If folks get scared off, they get scared off. I'm not going anywhere. If I steal thousands of dollars in the course of interstate commerce, I'm pretty sure I get a felony. If I get a felony, I get my medic license revoked. If I get my medic license revoked I lose my job. If I lose my job I can't buy food. And, I like food. See? I'm not going anywhere. (That was like a horrible rendition of "If You Give a Moose a Muffin.")

Plugged earlier today, super excited for the campaign progress :)! This will be my first knife with CPM20CV and I am curious to see how it will preform. Out of curiosity will there be any add on options for the campaign? Such as extra scales, bi-colored sheaths, different colored hardware fixtures? I don't think these things would be needed, but would be really cool to have, plus it may draw in people who may already have one of your blades, but don't customize their blades themselves.

I'm trying to decide if I want to add extra options in the form of additional scale choices, extra sheath options, maybe different colored liners? I have to weigh the complicating nature of too many options with the ability of everyone to customize their knife.

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE 20CV! It is my favorite blade steel, and these are going to be amazing knives run at 61 Rhc.

Thank you for your contribution!!
I chose Indiegogo because it was what was recommended to me. I chose flexible over fixed funding because I'm an idiot and didn't quite understand what I was choosing. How's that for an answer? :)

If folks get scared off, they get scared off. I'm not going anywhere. If I steal thousands of dollars in the course of interstate commerce, I'm pretty sure I get a felony. If I get a felony, I get my medic license revoked. If I get my medic license revoked I lose my job. If I lose my job I can't buy food. And, I like food. See? I'm not going anywhere. (That was like a horrible rendition of "If You Give a Moose a Muffin

Haha that was as awesome and honest as response get, thank you! Wasn't accusing or suggesting anything, was just genuinely curious (I find myself doing a lot of crowd sourced projects, really like the concept).

Back to the important stuff, still awfully excited about this knife and it will be my first in 20CV as well. Can't wait man!

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide if I want to add extra options in the form of additional scale choices, extra sheath options, maybe different colored liners? I have to weigh the complicating nature of too many options with the ability of everyone to customize their knife.

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE 20CV! It is my favorite blade steel, and these are going to be amazing knives run at 61 Rhc.

I'm looking forward to trying it then :). Can't wait to see what you'll do with the campaign, but I totally get the logistics side of balancing everything. It'll be a fun two months!

I'm very excited to start building some of the sheaths for all of these. I hope some of you have seen my work or heard about me. I hope this doesn't come out wrong but there is a reason that Brian chose me to do his custom kydex sheath work. I take a lot of pride in my work and putting my name behind it. If it's not right, I don't send it out.

Good luck to everyone in getting in on this huge opportunity for a fantastic American made knife in a truly incredible steel.

Back