Electric shaver or razor blade

I blade shave in the shower. In the winter, I do not shower every day. The electric shaver fills the gap.

Using double edged blades (and a Gillette Slim) since I started shaving. Tried my dad's Norelco later on, but with sensitive skin and tough beard I got more burned than shaved. I am a loyal fan of IP Red Personna's.

Kind of depends upon how good your facial hair is. I grew a beard once after being out of work for weeks due to major surgery. I was walking down the street and this woman in her car takes one look at me and I hear the "click" of the door locks. That was my last try at a beard. Hasn't happened since :)

Was this in a sketchy neighbourhood, or what?

Was this in a sketchy neighbourhood, or what?

Well to me, my neighborhood is just working class but urban, to professionals from middle to upper class areas, who knows.

In a moderately rough neighborhood, I've had people lock their doors when waiting for a light to change by my bus stop. They are always white, upper class, passing thru on the way home. But then I'm often the only white person on my bus, so that's probably just a race thing.

Well to me, my neighborhood is just working class but urban, to professionals from middle to upper class areas, who knows.

In a moderately rough neighborhood, I've had people lock their doors when waiting for a light to change by my bus stop. They are always white, upper class, passing thru on the way home. But then I'm often the only white person on my bus, so that's probably just a race thing.

Interesting. I grew up in a suburban area where most people didn't lock the doors to their home. My parents, however grew up in rougher areas, thus I obtained the habit of locking doors at night, and when I didn't need them. As for locking car doors, I never do that whilst driving, and most cars these days it is hard to hear from the outside.

Out of curiosity which country did this occur in? I am assuming it the United States, as the majority of users come from there. If so, which state?

Midwest USA. There's an old adage, "Locks are not to keep you safe from thieves, but to keep the honest honest. You'd be best to lock your door no matter where you live.

I grew up in the same type of neighborhood, but my parents shot the lock on the door to keep their sleepwalking son from wandering off and waking the neighbors :)

Blade, definitely! Use to use a straight razor until a serious hand injury. Now an old Gillett adjustable double blade. Several relatives have given me electrics of various brands, none came close to the shave of a blade.
Rich

Dad always had top of the line Norelco triple head electric razor. They pulled more than cut on my beard . I usually wear a full beard but at the moment I have to wear a mask all the time at work. So I have been shaving. Right now I am rotating between 2 double edge razors, a Gem micromatic and a Schick G series. Although I may use a 1955 Flare tip super speed tonight. I have been cleaning this razor up today

electric saver, braun series 7 best investment I ever made! and scraped the disposable razors.

Get an inexpensive Baili safety razor and few Personna blades,even the worst safety razor blades shave better than disposables ,disposables are good if you shave every day but when hair grows more,its not as easy.

I shaved this morning with a year old Feather blade that I've been tuning up on a Charnley Forest stone. Loaded in my Gillette Super Speed razor, it gave a great shave. DM

Back