Element Series

Can you make that design with a full flat grind and the longer handle of the EO1 Hunter?

Can you make that design with a full flat grind and the longer handle of the EO1 Hunter?
Not if it's made from 1/16" thick steel, only 3/32" or 1/8". Longer handles are not a problem.

I have reallylike that new design and with a longer handle that would be very handy. So the blade length would still be 3 inches, cutting surface a little smaller?

I have reallylike that new design and with a longer handle that would be very handy. So the blade length would still be 3 inches, cutting surface a little smaller?
3" would be standard, but I could change that if wanted.

Regarding my email, it should also make it easier to make leather sheaths for.

Nice knife. I it looks like a nice blend of the B&T style and your EO1 with a touch of puukko. Since that is what you were going for (minus the puukko part), I would say you nailed it.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to pass on making this one, and save the steel for actual orders I might need it for.

Sounds good, save it for another project. Thanks for letting us see a cool idea. The shape really caught my since it was very similar to a modified old hickory knife I saw done by Jeremy Longmire of JKL knives, i think the model is the companion. Like the overall shape, like a puuko-ish knife. John, have you ever done the old "modify an old hickory" knife just for fun?

When I first started working on knives I modified a lot of them, from old kitchen knives up to Busse knives.
From there I moved on to making knives from old power hacksaw blades, then moved on to O1.

That’s a shame! It’s my favorite fixed blade that I own, and one of the cheapest!

N78XzIw.jpg

I hope not, I was really wanting to add a knife like the one @Mtblair posted earlier this year with the long clip.

They are normally $138 shipped with kydex sheath, can`t go much lower than that.

Back