1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Element Series

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Jan 4, 2016.

1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    [​IMG]

YoungCurmudgeon and greentrout like this.
  2. YoungCurmudgeon

YoungCurmudgeon

Oct 15, 2014
    Looks good

3. cvc

cvc

May 13, 2004
    Can you make that design with a full flat grind and the longer handle of the EO1 Hunter?

4. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Not if it's made from 1/16" thick steel, only 3/32" or 1/8". Longer handles are not a problem.

5. jbarsquat

jbarsquat Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Looks extra stabby! I like it

6. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I have reallylike that new design and with a longer handle that would be very handy. So the blade length would still be 3 inches, cutting surface a little smaller?

7. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    3" would be standard, but I could change that if wanted.

8. NJBillK

NJBillK Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Regarding my email, it should also make it easier to make leather sheaths for.

Nice knife. I it looks like a nice blend of the B&T style and your EO1 with a touch of puukko. Since that is what you were going for (minus the puukko part), I would say you nailed it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  9. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    I'm probably going to pass on making this one, and save the steel for actual orders I might need it for.

10. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Sounds good, save it for another project. Thanks for letting us see a cool idea. The shape really caught my since it was very similar to a modified old hickory knife I saw done by Jeremy Longmire of JKL knives, i think the model is the companion. Like the overall shape, like a puuko-ish knife. John, have you ever done the old "modify an old hickory" knife just for fun?

11. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    When I first started working on knives I modified a lot of them, from old kitchen knives up to Busse knives.
    From there I moved on to making knives from old power hacksaw blades, then moved on to O1.

12. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Thanks.