Elusive Schrades

Made a trade today for this 880 Schrade Walden. Swung by my buddies house to return his trailer hitch and his mother and sister were there. They had captured a skunk in a live trap and asked me to dispose of it. I got sprayed, chivalry may have its limitations. Good day to allView attachment 1200144
I can smell you from here... Lol
Sorry you got sprayed, hope you smell better soon. :D :thumbsup:

I can smell you from here... Lol
Sorry you got sprayed, hope you smell better soon. :D :thumbsup:
Thanks for the laugh! my clothes are soaking in the wash
8oz of peroxide
8oz of baking soda
1oz of dawn
I used this mixture on my own carcass, seems to of worked?

8oz of peroxide
8oz of baking soda
1oz of dawn

I use something similar but add some white vinegar when the dog gets sprayed (or he rubs in something they have sprayed).

There is a while family of them on the other side of the hill....this year hasn't been bad (someone must be thinking them out) but in years past they like to spray outside our bedroom window....lovely to wake up to.

Made a trade today for this 880 Schrade Walden. Swung by my buddies house to return his trailer hitch and his mother and sister were there. They had captured a skunk in a live trap and asked me to dispose of it. I got sprayed, chivalry may have its limitations. Good day to allView attachment 1200144

8oz of peroxide
8oz of baking soda
1oz of dawn

they like to spray outside our bedroom window....lovely to wake up to.
I was going to ask, tomato juice or baking soda.

Especially nice to wake up to in the middle of the night.

When they were live-trapping for my brother's woodchuck, I think they put plastic waste baskets over the traps, in case of skunks. My SIL finally consented to a kill-trap, because they were catching everything but the chuck in the live trap. (I wonder if they knew enough to bait the live trap with mulberry leaves. Probably. I'm not smarter than the average professional.)

I see we're in the Schrade thread. I'll be back with a Schrade pic.

I love this one (Schrade Cut Co/ Walden NY):
qviO3sp.jpg

Last edited:
Made a trade today for this 880 Schrade Walden. Swung by my buddies house to return his trailer hitch and his mother and sister were there. They had captured a skunk in a live trap and asked me to dispose of it. I got sprayed, chivalry may have its limitations.
Sorry to hear that. There's nothing that smells worse than skunk. They owe you big time.

I'm sure they were not common. I was unaware of their producing pocket knives with real stag handles? Did they have a custom shop way back then? Your blades look to be in pristine condition. :)

Thank you, it's been cleaned so the blades look better than they should for it's age. Pretty sure they did not have a custom shop, from what I remember the stag knives were done in very small quantity and maybe a special order.

Wonderful find, John. I've been looking for Stag Schrade Cut Cos for years, and have only found a very few!! Nice condition also!!

Thanks Charlie, the stag knives sure do not crop up all that often, I've only found 2. I think Eric has quite a collection of stag Schrade's.

Schrade Heritage 1983 knives, probably not all there were from that set, but a good collection!
A Barlow, a whittler, a gent-sized stockman, and a robust 4-inch stockman.
Bone handles, snappy, with nice F & F, they are nice ones - everything you need!!!! (maybe):)
Heritage Set 1.jpg Heritage Set 2.jpg Heritage Set 3.jpg

Schrade Heritage 1983 knives, probably not all there were from that set, but a good collection!
A Barlow, a whittler, a gent-sized stockman, and a robust 4-inch stockman.
Bone handles, snappy, with nice F & F, they are nice ones - everything you need!!!! (maybe):)
View attachment 1200872 View attachment 1200873 View attachment 1200874
Mate, that is a fantastic collection, but that should not surprise me, would expect nothing less from you.:thumbsup: Re your posting in the wrong thread, you'll just have to concentrate more.:confused: Only joking:oops: You have a good week mate, and take care.;)

Mate, that is a fantastic collection, but that should not surprise me, would expect nothing less from you.:thumbsup: Re your posting in the wrong thread, you'll just have to concentrate more.:confused: Only joking:oops: You have a good week mate, and take care.;)
At least one knife's a Schrade!!!:oops::(:rolleyes:;)

Back