Elusive Schrades

Top tier examples posted here recently :thumbsup::thumbsup: hard act to follow but here's my latest :)

ay1OAFN.jpg

That knife looks like it's never been on a stone.

The spear is exquisite, best of breed.

Add the bone and the shield and that is at the top of the pocketknife cutler's trade. The people responsible for that little piece of industrial art likely won't ever be equaled.

It's not minty fresh as some of the recently posted knives are but it's a keeper for me:) appreciate it Cal:thumbsup:
I messed that post up. So now... OK, Rockman, now YOU'RE the hard act to follow!

It's definitely been on a stone, you just can't see the marks in this picture but the blades are full. As @Campbellclanman stated earlier, Schrade produced some of the best knives of this era, second to none. Not likely to be equaled again is true:thumbsup: thanks Cooter Brown:thumbsup:
That knife looks like it's never been on a stone.

The spear is exquisite, best of breed.

Add the bone and the shield and that is at the top of the pocketknife cutler's trade. The people responsible for that little piece of industrial art likely won't ever be equaled.

Schrade did a good job on Pearl knives!!

They sure did! Great examples Charlie! Here's a few more at 2-1/4" long with a sterling silver interloper.
Rxkz88Z.jpg

LMmzoHa.jpg

wVxEVd2.jpg

"1 of 1" is about as elusive as it gets. The following knife was originally awarded to Bull Riding Hall of Fame inductee Ty Murray. Two decades later, I didn't ride a single bull to get it. Seeing as how Ty Murray is a multi-millionaire, I don't feel too bad about keeping his old knife!

From the January 14, 1998 issue of The Billings Gazette:
xQcDZqq.jpg

The knife:
PFN7UkP.jpg

6XyM9f7.jpg

WGiKIlz.jpg

ZvZyqwA.jpg

qLoNd5U.jpg

Once again with some other hard-to-find friends.
AkWeu7v.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a nice old knife I'd forgotten about. I think it was in the early 1980s that I dipped it in warm vinegar and discovered it had one stainless blade...

What an interesting Schrade oddity! That's a blade mix I never would have expected to see. Thanks for posting your 44OT "Workmate". I believe the ones with the etch, like yours, were a run of 4000 done in 2001.

Looking through my Case folder, I found this misplaced Schrade Cut Co!!:eek::rolleyes:
I have to be more careful when I file knives!!:p
3 5/8" long, all blades stamped. No model numbers. Glazed finish, no shield, it has less expensive finishing than their premium knives. I suspect it's wartime production. The Peachseed is so crisp and sharp, it could have been jigged yesterday!! Unused, the knife just has some typical age spots!:cool:EE NM 1.jpg EE NM 2.jpg EE NM 3.jpg

Looking through my Case folder, I found this misplaced Schrade Cut Co!!:eek::rolleyes:
I have to be more careful when I file knives!!:p
3 5/8" long, all blades stamped. No model numbers. Glazed finish, no shield, it has less expensive finishing than their premium knives. I suspect it's wartime production. The Peachseed is so crisp and sharp, it could have been jigged yesterday!! Unused, the knife just has some typical age spots!:cool:View attachment 1460430 View attachment 1460431 View attachment 1460432

Misplaced indeed! I think I know exactly where I would place it. :D

Always great to see such a nice survivor Charlie.

Back