Elusive Schrades

Not as elusive as others here, yet it did take quite a while landing this 787. I’ve always admired the earlier Schrade delrin in photos, now and in hand, I really understand. Very pronounced with depth and great colour. The pull on both blades is around a 5 with no play or wobble in any position. Great snap and tidy when folded. Really sharp blades! I luv this one. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
2877D725-A625-4774-98FF-E95F0CFA32B6.jpeg

Not as elusive as others here, yet it did take quite a while landing this 787. I’ve always admired the earlier Schrade delrin in photos, now and in hand, I really understand. Very pronounced with depth and great colour. The pull on both blades is around a 5 with no play or wobble in any position. Great snap and tidy when folded. Really sharp blades! I luv this one. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1524932
That's the best Delrin that Schrade produced!!:thumbsup:

Thanks Charlie!

This one is a little rough but I thought it was pretty cool. It seems to be a simplified 8373 3/4. Possible wartime production? Plain steel bolsters, no shield, fostarene (plastic) handles. I like them with character like this.

View attachment 1440198 View attachment 1440199
Knice company !
The only other one I’ve seen:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
This one also belongs here, I gather.
A3BFF4B0-C95C-4D4E-8E9A-A914970402A9.jpeg FCAF3170-5DEB-450B-A54C-7499AD378C0D.jpeg

A third knife from the Nilo Miori collection. He was president of Camillus for a while and had over 4,000 knives in his collection. Schrade Cut. Co., Walden, NY. 4 inches closed.
EvBNyKH.jpg

gGqeuQj.jpg

Px82ZoC.jpg
ts4aiBt.jpg

7PobmU5.jpg

Charlie, Those Wooden " Budget minded" examples are quite stunning! What a great line up of very very nice Knives!
That Carpenters Special is out of this World my friend! That's quite a spectacular Knife.

Unchained, That Delrin is superb! Nice Knife and so too is that Cattle- I think that's a fantastic example!

Mike, I agree as well, what a Stunner! yes to it being a great pattern, and yes to it being a great Knife on so many levels! just great viewing!!!

Charlie, Those Wooden " Budget minded" examples are quite stunning! What a great line up of very very nice Knives!
That Carpenters Special is out of this World my friend! That's quite a spectacular Knife.
Thanks Duncan et.al!!
Here is an inexpensive, but well-made little knife!
It has nice chunks of competently-made French Ivory, for handles, and the knife functions perfectly!
Just what you need to trim your Jade plant!!!!:D
Happy Easter!!Florist FI 1.jpg Florist FI 2.jpg Florist FI 3.jpg Florist FI 4.jpg

Back