Elusive Schrades

That example was probably made 1930 ish to 1941 ish. Otherwise, 1917 to 1947. Not many civilian knives made during the war, and not much going on until the December 1946 sale to the Baers, and maybe beyond for awhile. I have created some unauthorized integument openings over the decades. :(

I’m glad you deciphered my nom de plume. It comes from a learning experience some years ago. Involving opening a sharp Schrade trapper in a moving car. A trip to the ER for stitches was also involved. We were late to the company picnic.

And here I thought you were referring to monty python and the holy grail :D

I have the same knife (in semi rough shape). They look to be a 2424 3/4.
Paul- Last night I skimmed quickly through the catalog / supplement pages posted on the forum and didn't see one that stood out as being this knife so I will have to take a look at the 2424 3/4 you mentioned. Not real happy with the pictures I got of this knife in my dungeon so I'll try to snap a couple in the daylight to see if they do the knife more justice :) It's really a "sharp" looking knife :cool:

- Kevin

Here is mine, not really worthy of this thread per its condition but for posterity. I rescued and refit it to be used once more, plus it was really cheap. Does yours also have a half stop on the pen but not on the clip?

View attachment 831683
You're exactly right Paul, both blades snap great but only the pen has half stop... the clip has none whatsoever.

- Kevin

Back