Elusive Schrades

Celluloid Schrade Cut Co barlow...

60RqmIx.jpg

I just received my usual from my Post Master in N D.
A knife I bought a wee while ago - a very nice Schrade Walden N.Y. USA Peach seed Trapper ( 294) in unused condition! Stunning knife

I just received my usual from my Post Master in N D.
A knife I bought a wee while ago - a very nice Schrade Walden N.Y. USA Peach seed Trapper ( 294) in unused condition! Stunning knife
Did I send that one!!!??? I swore I set that one aside because it just would not fit in the box:D

Yes, Paul, Duncan!! When will we see it?????

Last edited:
Duncan, I'm looking forward to seeing what you got! Here's a couple to peruse in the meantime, snowing like crazy out there today so I had some free time in front of the window, unfortunately it makes for some dark shots. The second knife has a patch at the handle pin by the bolster, but other than that it's in great shape:

Schrade Cut Co swing guard.jpg

Schrade Cut Co saber auto.jpg

Eric

Eric, a very nice pair indeed. That is one pattern I have never been able to secure,wanting one that is in excellent condition carries a hefty tag.
With pictures, probably try and use a piece of white card to illuminate the lower part of the picture. The reflection from the window should help a little.

Russell

Great ones, Eric! Thanks for adding them to Elusives; they certainly are elusive in nice condition!!

Thanks Russell and Charlie!!

Russell I actually had a white card in front of them, was worse without! LOL!! The swing guard actually has a bit of the etch still visible, but you need to have it at the right angle to make it out. No etch on the saber, I'm fairly certain that blade was cleaned at some point. Still quite full though.

Eric

The White Card helps greatly in indoor shots- especially moving it around to highlight the Swedge work on blades :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments guys - I will try to post the Peachseed in here- got a nice Camillus to put up in the Old Knife Thread as well.

Eric - stunning Knives my friend. I’m still trying to figure out just how you Charlie do it- maybe I will never find out- but it’s extremely inspirational to us all and I think we are all so very lucky that people such as yourselves are willing to share information as well as photos- so thank you both so much.

(A Thread ready posted in the Old Knives....)
A gorgeous Schrade Walden N.Y Peach-seed 294 Trapper.

The condition of this Knife is extremely good, the knife has not been cleaned, it has a few Carbon spots- not many- and I apologise for the reflections on the Blade - terribly bad Weather right now- and the Factory High Polished Blades reflect the Camera if you hover over them- so not the best photo's today sorry.

Peach- seed Bone is simply beautiful as we know, Both blades are untouched- carry the Factory edge, Unpolished- it's just a great Knife is superb Condition
GcrHNr7.jpg

CZPrIxj.jpg

ft3nfex.jpg

XxiB3zm.jpg

Duncan what a beauty! That there 294 is one of the more highly sought after Schrade knives: Saber ground clip with a cut swage, rat-tailed and threaded bolsters, beautiful peachseed bone, it's got everything! Congrats!!

Eric

Back