Elusive Schrades

I just re-read the first 20 pages of this thread!!
What fun!! Some beautiful knives were contributed!!

Well, I'm glad this thread keeps popping up. I'm currently about half way through it again, and will have to put a book mark in it. When I come back I will start on page 41 (again). :)

I just re-read the first 20 pages of this thread!!
What fun!! Some beautiful knives were contributed!!
It's been great, eh? I'm a bit disappointed in how many images were lost to photobucket though. :(
As an aside, I will never use them for anything in the future, and I'm glad I wasn't using them then.

Big Moose!!:eek: I guess that's a bit redundant, but saying this knife is BIG is no overstatement.
4 3/16" in a heavy gauge package, you need to add suspenders to tote this guy around.
I am lucky to have found this knife in almost unused condition, and it looks like no one has even cleaned it with Bluemagic or Steelbrite or any of those paste cleaners! As original as it gets!
It snaps like an elephant instead of a 'gator!!:D

Big Moose SCC 1.jpg Big Moose SCC 2.jpg Big Moose SCC 3.jpg
Listed in Catalog "E" as an R7973, I am not sure what the R means.

Last edited:
Big Moose!!:eek: I guess that's a bit redundant, but saying this knife is BIG is no overstatement.
4 3/16" in a heavy gauge package, you need to add suspenders to tote this guy around.
I am lucky to have found this knife in almost unused condition, and it looks like no one has even cleaned it with Bluemagic or Steelbrite or any of those paste cleaners! As original as it gets!

View attachment 1006067 View attachment 1006068 View attachment 1006069
Man o man what a find...bugs my @@ out. Sweet covers in every way...wow!! Did this one fall down your chimney ?:D

A beauty, Charlie! It's interesting to me that the spear is on the mark side and not the clip.
Could that have something to do with the "R"?

Man o man what a find...bugs my @@ out. Sweet covers in every way...wow!! Did this one fall down your chimney ?:D

:DHo ho ho, Gev!!!:D Don't I wish!!!:rolleyes:

A beauty, Charlie! It's interesting to me that the spear is on the mark side and not the clip.
Could that have something to do with the "R"?

Thanks, Jeff!!:thumbsup:
Maybe someone will answer those questions soon?!?!o_O

Could be, Dave!!

View attachment 1006067 View attachment 1006068 View attachment 1006069
Great knife Charlie! I'm pretty sure the "R" refers to the rounded bolsters on that frame. Maybe @TheChunk91 might confirm, any idea Paul?

Here's one from earlier catalog that has "R" and notes "round" bolsters.
Screenshot_2018-10-19-22-49-40.png

Last edited:
Glad you like it Dan!!
How is everything in your neck of the Prairies??!!:)

Things are good here in my neck of the Prairies. However, I have been in kind of a knife drought since OKCA, saving my money for next time.

Nice big Moose Charlie, just a great looking knife.

Added a scarce Schrade 292 fish knife yesterday, they don't seem to show up all that often and this one looks to be in great shape, will have to take better pictures once it shows up.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Things are good here in my neck of the Prairies. However, I have been in kind of a knife drought since OKCA, saving my money for next time.
Wise decision!! It's the kind of knife show that presents wonderful opportunities!!

This Schrade Walden 804 Whittler arrived today, been looking for a bone handled one for awhile and this ones not to bad. Has some staining and pitting and the blades have been poorly sharpened but it still has its etch and the blades are close to full.

IMG_9466.jpg IMG_9469.jpg IMG_9471.jpg IMG_9474.jpg

Back