Emerson 3 Hole Pattern Pocket Clips

I've closed my books as the queue is full with requests.

Once I eliminate the backlog I have multiple items (back spacers... pocket clips... thumb discs) I'm going to batch machine and offer up in the Marketplace.

That should happen around the middle to last week of February if everything goes according to plan.

Still working on the backlog machining... but I have been tweaking an idea for an Emerson 3 hole pocket clip...

This is a screen shot of the CAD/CAM application showing the vectors required for this new pocket clip I have in mind...
v2D36sk.jpg

This next image is the tool paths the milling bits will follow shown in cartesian space...
101pcZX.jpg

It requires indexed double sided machining to mill these clips. This is the back or reverse side machining...
4eg6Ii4.jpg

This is the front side machining...
1jYsO5u.jpg

AND this is the resulting product...
599vLI7.jpg

Shortly I'll do a TEST machining in black G10 to proof the file. I'll post pics of the results...

I finally managed to find some time to work on the Spartan G10 pocket clip.

Plutarch, Xerxes I, king of the Achaemenid Empire, demanded that the Spartans surrender their weapons and King Leonidas I responded with this phrase... molon labe (come and take them)...!

Ex59tCy.jpg

dPhiA3R.jpg

6XX5b0t.jpg

YysfZvm.jpg

I finally managed to find some time to work on the Spartan G10 pocket clip.

Plutarch, Xerxes I, king of the Achaemenid Empire, demanded that the Spartans surrender their weapons and King Leonidas I responded with this phrase... molon labe (come and take them)...!

Ex59tCy.jpg

dPhiA3R.jpg

6XX5b0t.jpg

YysfZvm.jpg
In for one when they go on sale.

Now I'm envisioning those in a light colored G10 such as light gray. Then I would carefully apply RIT dye in red into the reliefs via syringe. Perhaps black around the helmet and red in the face cut outs. :cool:

I have one left from the initial run.

I'm not planning on machining more due to the difficulty. Sometimes ideas take off... sometimes not...

I made a couple of design changes to simplify the number of operations and required bit changes for machining... and I'm waiting on delivery of some carbon fiber sheet to get a batch machined out and proofed.

A recent foot injury isn't going to speed things along... but I'll post pics of these up when I get them in production...

Here's the new Spartan clip...

mInvZLv.png

And here's a new Templar shield/cross clip...

UDde85U.png

OK... I was informed that the new Spartan clip had an incorrect centerline sword profile... so that has been corrected with two versions of correct profiles.
c4tje3N.jpg

I am not into pimping my knives any further than the dreaded ziptie wave thing (I confess....). I feel most of the mods don't make the knives work better. HOWEVER I must say that your work is outstanding and that I wouldn't mind having a pretty Emerson with one of your pocket clips (or even thumb disc).

Mikel

Back