Emerson Barracuda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a question about my Barracuda. There is a pronounced click when I open the blade before the blade locks open. Any thoughts what causes this?

HiCap

Got a question about my Barracuda. There is a pronounced click when I open the blade before the blade locks open. Any thoughts what causes this?

Maybe the detent ball on the lockbar disengaging before the lock engages? I've owned two Emersons, and both could be made to click twice if I opened the blade slowly enough. When opened more quickly, the two clicks happen so close together as to be indistinguishable from a single sound.

HiCap
I wouldn't be concerned and there's two detents on Emerson's so thats probably what your hearing.
Just enjoy it you should be fine :thumbsup:
Emerson's take a while to break in and during that period of break in you'll be feeling and hearing all kinds of different noises. One of the nice things about Emerson's is their unique break in period and the satisfaction of feeling it get better and better as is becomes yours.

Maybe the detent ball on the lockbar disengaging before the lock engages? I've owned two Emersons, and both could be made to click twice if I opened the blade slowly enough. When opened more quickly, the two clicks happen so close together as to be indistinguishable from a single sound.

I agree. Mine does the same.

Mine was suppose to be here Thursday and usps says it's been delayed . Hoping by the weekend with fingers crossed !

Will it has arrived so now I just need to get home to get to it lol .

Hmmm I wonder what's in here and who's it from :D
lPU9tcz.jpg

I requested 3 different numbers in hopes of getting one of my favorites...no dice. I did however receive a cool number...#47. (Agent 47)
It arrived today and it's flawless, razor sharp, centered and bad to the bone!
That's to funny I've got #46 and you have #47 lol what's the odds of that.

I wanna see pics of that when it shows up. I usually don't get down with black blades, but I suspect yours might be different.
I'm the same way not going for the murdered out all black normally . But I'm thinking it might look good on the Signature Cuda.
I'll definitely post some pictures :thumbsup:
Can't wait!!!!

Well guys and gals my Black Cuda has arrived !
Another keeper with great action and blade dead centered.
I absolutely love it and I put a request or a if possible for a few serial #s but no luck .
Instead I got my favorite # I didn't even dream of asking for lol :D
BY4b0vT.jpg
PB4boUX.jpg
SGHQ53X.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back