Emerson Clones are for Suckers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What model is that?
I have a CQC-7B-BTS that I bought in '99... Here it is..
PC110332-1.jpg

No i never said that all of Ebay is selling crap and I have purchased a few Emersons from Ebay,like my CQC-13 but you know as well as I do there is SOOO much crap on ebay that unsuspecting pple buy and then they hate that particular brand for forever and a day. Not shitting on Ebay but when that happens, thats when I have a problem, and I agree with you when u say check who ur buying from but there have been alot of clever fakes. BTW how u know I was big?lol just screwing w/ u.

Yeah, there are a bunch of dishonest people trying to scam others in eBay. It all goes down to buyers beware. If you stick with 3 or 4 of the best ones (I have my criterias for chosing them, as thorough as I can think), you are basically guaranteed to have no problems.
So far, I only took a chance on two people that were outside of my ... circle of trust and it went ok. Both cases were for knives out of production (Emerson Persian, Spyderco Barong), that's why.

How do I know you were big? I hacked into your laptop and activated the built in webcam while you were using it, that's how...:p

imho ya would be a lot better off buying a spyderco byrd or delica than any emerson clone, ya would get a much better knife for probably less money, all the clones i have seen have been garbage.

A certain HK dealer by name of Deal Extreme sells Commander clones for $9. Check that out. Buy a real one if you like it!

out.

I have a pair of CQC 7's, one is a Benchmade that I've had for over 10 years the other only a few years. I think they are worth more that they cost and will buy as many more as I can afford. My son is still in the US Army (I served my time years ago) and carries his CQC 15 everywhere even in the "sandbox". As much as I like the Strider knives, I would rather have 2 or 3 Emersons for the same price.

"Newbie"? What is this, 4chan?

You had 5 whopping posts when that was posted...with a pic for your enjoyment, btw.

Yeah...you're a Newbie. Welcome.

Asking where you can buy a fake Emerson in the Emerson forum for your FIRST post. ??????

:thumbdn:

Last edited:
My son came by to visit for Christmas and showed me the Emerson folding karambit clone he picked up in the "sandbox" for $10. He knew it was a clone, everything was wrong but the logo. He has his own real Emersons and only bought it for a "junk" knife. I can say that I don't think the "manufacturer" ever held a real Emerson in their hands. Even the clip is at the wrong end. the screws are all hexes and it just feels wrong. They must have seen a picture somewhere.

Junk is everywhere, but if you look at it you will know what is real or not.

My son came by to visit for Christmas and showed me the Emerson folding karambit clone he picked up in the "sandbox" for $10. He knew it was a clone, everything was wrong but the logo. He has his own real Emersons and only bought it for a "junk" knife. I can say that I don't think the "manufacturer" ever held a real Emerson in their hands. Even the clip is at the wrong end. the screws are all hexes and it just feels wrong. They must have seen a picture somewhere.

Junk is everywhere, but if you look at it you will know what is real or not.

Some fakes are getting more clever. Ur right though IF you know what 2 look for. If all else fails give Ernie an email,lol.

Hey NDjeep that 15 is sweet. I'm starting to like the orange g-10 more and more every time i see it, and I don't know why? Lol.

Some fakes are getting more clever. Ur right though IF you know what 2 look for. If all else fails give Ernie an email,lol.

I looked closer with a magnifying glass at the logo and it reads "KNMESINC." also is missing the model #. I'm sure it's one of the Chinese clones we've heard about.:barf:

I've owned
Mini cqc-7
Super cqc-7 (black blade)
Super cqc-7 (Satin finish)
cqc-10
cqc-11
cqc-16
Commander
SpecWar
LaGriffe

I recommend them ALL

My son is still in the US Army (I served my time years ago) and carries his CQC 15 everywhere even in the "sandbox".

Also I'm buying at least one more before i go to Afghanistan and I'm going to send the 15 i have back to Emerson to have him sharpen it before i leave as well... and i had the chance to grab some even crappier clones while i was in Iraq but i didn't have the money to which if you knew how cheap they were you wouldn't understand how...lol...the biggest problem i thought i was going to have was getting all the knives i brought with back through customs.

I bought a fist full of Emerson knives while I was in Iraq, but got most of them off Ebay. No clones. I had them all shipped to me in Iraq, and most came home just after I did, in my footlocker. No customs explanations to give.

i got my 15 off of ebay, my leadership was about as corrupt as a room full of democrats...come to think of it i think most of them enjoyed the idea of obama becoming president...anyway they told me lots of BS about customs and when it came time to pack up and ship stuff home i had no issues sending what i had (even an issued but not to me crash axe) back in my tough box. they all gave me crap for bringing about 10 knives with me but they dont see the world as most of us do with a better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it attitude. im obviously not a ground pounder but was raised to be lol...and its almost purely off topic but i bought a benchmade clone of the benchmades cqc7 design while i was there as well and many of the people i was with tought that the real one i have was the knock off simply because on the original it says balisong on the blade and the clone has benchmade...almost got me when they pointed it out but i knew what one i had longer

Emersons cost very little unless you're talking about a full on custom. A production Emerson cost way less than a production Hinderer. Why would you buy a clone? If you can't afford the quality, find a new hobby.

Emersons cost very little unless you're talking about a full on custom. A production Emerson cost way less than a production Hinderer. Why would you buy a clone? If you can't afford the quality, find a new hobby.

If I'm not mistaken, the Hinderers are midtechs, not productions. They're also framelocks and they use newer blade steels. Of course secondary market demand and dealer premiums really do gouge the prices up, but directly from Rick ran 385$ from what I recall, which is a pretty good deal considering what Sebenzas and Striders go for.

its not about not being able to afford the quality its that sometimes you just need a junk knife that you dont care what happens to it especially in my line of work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back