1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Emerson Coffee Roasters

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by Ernest Emerson, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Ernest Emerson

Ernest Emerson

Apr 5, 1999
    Dear Members,

I would like to formally announce the opening of our newest venture, The Emerson Coffee Roasters Company. We welcome you to try our coffee and let us know what you think. We have put in a lot of time, effort and money into starting this new company and with the help and guidance of our friends in the coffee industry we hope it will be a success. But that’s going to be up to you. Our website is found at EmersonCoffeeRoasters.com. Free samples will go out with every Emerson Knives order. We will be giving out samples at our booth at the USN Show and we will have some full bags for sale. So stop by if you want to give some a try.

Best Regards,

Ernest

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Doc Wolfie likes this.
  2. Ernest Emerson

Ernest Emerson

Apr 5, 1999
    Dear Members,

I would like to formally announce the opening of our newest venture, The Emerson Coffee Roasters Company. We welcome you to try our coffee and let us know what you think. We have put in a lot of time, effort and money into starting this new company and with the help and guidance of our friends in the coffee industry we hope it will be a success. But that’s going to be up to you. Our website is found at EmersonCoffeeRoasters.com. Free samples will go out with every Emerson Knives order. We will be giving out samples at our booth at the USN Show and we will have some full bags for sale. So stop by if you want to give some a try.

Best Regards,

Ernest

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  3. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    Mmmm, coffee and knives...:thumbsup:

4. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I like knives and coffee too, but this site appears to only offer coffee and t-shirts, as far I can tell from a trip to www.emersoncoffeeroasters.com, no knives. I suppose maybe GKD can make a no-K exception for an industry icon, honorary SEAL, and all around good guy like EE though.

5. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Signed up.

6. l1ranger

l1ranger Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 27, 2017
    somebody shoudl start a picture thread....

7. atdegs

atdegs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Wait, so you make knives and coffee, and you're not here in Portland? That just doesn't make sense. How did Benchmade or Al Mar or one of the other locals come up with this idea?

8. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    These better be some low drag beans...all I'm saying

9. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    Is this a tactical coffee that only comes in black, or can I add cream and sugar for use in low-threat environments?

For now this is as close as I can manage to have an Emerson coffee experience:

[​IMG]

Good luck with your new coffee venture!

10. spyderg

spyderg

Sep 28, 2014
    Will you ship a sample to Canada?

11. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    In on one!
    And my order number is 00005.:cool:
    Good luck on this new venture. Coffee fanatics can be tougher customers than knife critics lol.

dannyp and steelhog like this.
  12. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    I'm not seeing where to get a sample on the website

13. Barman1

Jun 21, 2013
    I did notice on the knife site there's a free sample with a knife purchase.

14. steelhog

steelhog

Jul 2, 2009
    My 2 favorite things.

Wharn likes this.
  15. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Lol I'm not buying a knife to get a sample

marrenmiller and Blues Bender like this.
  16. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Are the beans only halfway roasted for durability and ease of grinding?

jux t, Dopic1, 357snubnose and 16 others like this.
  17. Barman1

Jun 21, 2013
    Correction, any purchase.
    Got a nice thumb disk ordered for my new Seax, that should give me a few more beans. :)

Mistman68 likes this.
  18. Gravy

Gravy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Imagine if they instead spent all the money from this business venture on making knives that actually justify the price tag..... Cant wait for ZT to release their line of IPAs

19. Barman1

Jun 21, 2013
    :rolleyes:

Gravy and Officer's Match like this.
  20. Beowolf Agate

Beowolf Agate

Jun 22, 2019
    My first post here, and I am not a troll, and I do not mean to be disrespectful.

I own five Emerson knives - A100, Seax, Mini Com, CQC7, and Kwaiken. I think the knives are teriffic. I am a big fan!

So why do this? Why create a new business so detached from your historical core compentency? And why create a business in a space so dominated by huge corporate interests like Starbucks and Peets?

I get that you love coffee, but I am shakin' my damn head.....

357snubnose and WValtakis like this.