Emerson EDC, What's Yours?

My CQC-7 was my first Emerson and got me hooked. I kept reaching for it instead of my SERE 2000 or my Spydies or CRKT's. Then I got a Commander and then a Super Commander and fell in love with the SC & looked for any opportunity to carry it -- it's just that it's not very sheeple-friendly in my neck of the woods. :confused: When I later got a Journeyman, that became my edc to beat. :thumbup: The problem was that it's also not very sheeple-friendly here in Illinois. :confused:

So at work it's the Journeyman, and around my house & property it's the SC but when I go out in public, the 7 makes its way into my pocket.

Horseman for me
bZOjUdTl.jpg

Cheers

Tried rockin the mini commander today....ended up with a 7 right back in my pocket:D

I'm thinking a horseman would be nice to have. I'm finding out I tend to like the smaller Emerson's for EDC.

I just got this last week. The mini commander with stand offs. Great knife. I am have been doing some cabin fever pre-spring cleaning, and the mini commander has been getting a work out.

loved my Hd7 but it was taken and have never found a suitable replacement until now . This little mini desert roadhouse has been abused and then some in the last 4 months and never let me down . Love the blade shape and the grip I get on this is just awesome ....may just have to put a frame lock on it lol ..
IMG-20140216-00683.jpg

I currently carry a Horseman but it seems a bit small compared to the regular 8. I've had all Commanders some customs, a custom 10, 11 but the 8 fits my hand the best.

I currently carry a Horseman but it seems a bit small compared to the regular 8. I've had all Commanders some customs, a custom 10, 11 but the 8 fits my hand the best.

Strange. I thought the most people would list the Horseman as their most carried.

My 8 is carried the most, although I carry the Horseman when riding my Sportbike in town, which is not that frequent lately.

The 8 is absolutely perfect for me, and I belt-sanded the hump off the tip of the blade of both of them to make them look like a Journeyman.

So now I have both a "Super Journeyman" and a "Mini Journeyman," for they do look exactly like them.

I'm just mad I did not buy a digi Christmas Journeyman. Now they are not on the website any longer, but I've got two great Emersons so I'm set.

My 8 is my absolute favorite knife out of 50+ and I will never sell it. If I don't get cremated when the time comes, it's going in the box with me for eternity.

Well my hands are XL/XXL and the the 8 has the absolute best ergos for me. I think it's his best design.

I carry the Commander most with te Gentleman Jim second for tactical purpose.

That said, I like them all. But the CQC_8 is my least favorite because the handle is to big.

Also I find the Journeyman to similar in blade shape to the 8 and I like the shorter grip to blade ratio. Also I prefer the handle on the Journeyman over the 8.

I don't own any Emersons yet, but the CQC-8 is going to be my next EDC knife. I'd also like to get a combat karambit.

Yeah. No, 8 is better.

You like the CQC-8 better than the journeyman? Have you had both?

Both are similar blade length and shape. I prefer the Journeyman because of the grips are more comfortable and shorter .

The CQC-8 has giant grips.

The Super Commander has been riding in the pocket of my Carhartts at work for a while now. I've put it through hell and back and it continues to kick ass.

clq7.jpg

I always have a 7 on me, mostly as a secondary knife/tool/backup/beaton knife. The primary is either a 10 or a Gentleman Jim. Sometimes I'll carry the 8 though, or the Super 7, or maybe even a Benchmade, or a Strider.

Is it possible to have too many knives?

The 7 is always with me. I've got a 14 coming soon and I think that may become the primary. The city I work in does have a 3" blade restriction, which was my motivation for buying a 14, so I expect it will be the primary with the 7 carried in a more concealed way as a backup.

Back