Emerson EDC, What's Yours?

^^^ Nice, and I agree the Tiger benefits a lot from an aftermarket disc, as the stock one makes it tight between the disc and the back part of the finger notch. I like a 45 caliber casing disc as it provides a little height off the blade.

Nct6RVMl.jpg
Thanks much ! Very nice ! Sweet Tiger you have there :thumbsup:
For sure the stock thumb disc makes it a little tight especially for left hand opening . I had a tactical 45acp disc a while back and liked it to . Tried a non tactical 45 acp but on another model can’t remember which one and it didn’t work well because your thumb would slip off sometimes without the tactical grooves on the side of disc. The model makes a big difference though as far as what thumb disc works best .

My EDC is an Emerson CQC-15. Although I own a CQC-7, and Patriot also. I am going to BLADE show this June and am looking to pick up an Emerson Balisong with the Commander blade. Does anyone have or have handled the Emerson Bali's yet?

I was carrying a CQC-15 as my EDC, but I bought a Mini Roadhouse at BLADE show because they didn't have the full size version. After getting back to the hotel room with my cousin, who bought Emerson axe number 25, the first one sold to a public person, we were each handling all of our Emerson's we brought with us and bought. I really started to like the feel of the Mini Roadhouse in my hand. It just felt good, hand a very comfortable grip, I loved the low slung tanto point blade, so I decided it would be my EDC. The next day we had of priveledge of meeting Ernest Emerson in person and he hand signed all of our knives and the axe and took pictures with us and him holding them. So now they have all been retired to the display/collectors case. I now carry an Emerson/Kershaw CQC-11K along with a Schrade Viper as my EDC's. The Emerson /Kershaw CQC - 11K is a beast of a knife and I have no problem carrying it in a place where my life may depend on it. It is that good of a knife!! If I don't have that in my pocket with the Schrade in a belt holster, I have a Fox 599-XT Karambit that I carry in its place which also uses the Emerson wave feature. Me and my cousin both collect Emerson's and I will say, without a doubt that they are the very best folding knives on the planet, especially for their price, you can't beat them. We will both continue to collect and use Emerson's for the rest of our lives. I'm thinking my next one will either be the spear point Sheepdog or the fixed blade Karambit. We both purchase a few Emerson's every year. You can't go wrong with any model you pick. But for a really good EDC, check out the Roadhouse or Mini Roadhouse. I think you'll really like the feel of the knife design in your hand, and you always have the Emerson wave feature that will open the blade in a blink of an eye. I put one of my Emerson's up against my cousin's Microtech Combat Troodon and the Emerson was deployed and ready to go before he could even push the button to deploy the blade on the Microtech. So in short, if you're considering getting an Emerson, quit considering and just buy the one you like the best. They will not fail, and if by some oddball chance it does Emerson will replace it free of charge.

A Commander with crisp single detent, fall shut action (w' tiniest wiggle), thick G10 scales with rounded edges and center screws, and an S35VN blade - I'm in love with #61 (of 66).

UbS00OPh.jpg

Lj5TOuLh.jpg

iMZkBqsh.jpg

Oh ho hooo! Sweet! Love seeing this Commander up close. Looks like I need another Commander Model. Right now I have 3. I have 2 2000 Commanders and one 2003. I sold my newer ones because there is a weight difference with the early models being lighter (yes I weigh my emersons ) . After carrying my 2003 for 3 1/2 months in Brazil I noticed how much better the lighter weight makes. Then after I came home weighed my 2000 model and it was even lighter. I had 3 newer models and sold them because I decided i would always reach for my lighter versions. But your new Commander makes me think I want that quality. Just beautiful!

BTW if you have a scale can you tell me the weight?

what is weird is my two 2000 models weight different fro each other because one must have been earlier with a thinner ti.. My 2003 weighs a tiny bit more and then there is this big jump in weight with the newer models. I forgot the exact weights but can post them here if anyone is interested.

Back