Emerson Explains 154 Steel

Honestly isn't this the principle of "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

I mean everything Emerson Knives have been and done over the years has obviously worked so why change. I get the complaints about the high price but j have spent more money on other brands that have broken or had to be sent back for some issue when they were made with " better" materials.

Everything people complain about is what makes me like my Emerson. The rough texture G10. The gritty tight pivot (which has smoothed out after only 2 weeks). Even the easier to sharpen and maintain steel. Oh and I can tighten things up without a freaking torx driver. I love it all.
I’m sure you’re right. Did it also make you feel better when titanium liners went from two to one? The same logic of “ain’t broken” can be applied to all the other companies as well but they took it upon themselves to update and stay at the pinnacle of their market. In the end it’s a question of value for the money. For a long time I would have agreed. But once you compare it becomes hard to argue.

I’m sure you’re right. Did it also make you feel better when titanium liners went from two to one? The same logic of “ain’t broken” can be applied to all the other companies as well but they took it upon themselves to update and stay at the pinnacle of their market. In the end it’s a question of value for the money. For a long time I would have agreed. But once you compare it becomes hard to argue.
My point was I have spent the same or more money on other manufacturers with so called better materials and had problems. I've sent the same Benchmade Barrage back to be fixed at least 5 times. Now if I end up having to send my Emerson back multiple times to be fixed then yeah I'll be pretty pissed off. But I've also spent more coin on Spyderco and Benchmade knives that had similar materials or what I would consider inferior materials.

Last edited:
My point was I have spent the same or more money on other manufacturers with so called better materials and had problems. I've sent the same Benchmade Barrage back to be fixed at least 5 times. Now if I end up having to send my Emerson back multiple times to be fixed then yeah I'll be pretty pissed off. But I've also spent more coin on Spyderco and Benchmade knives that had similar materials or what I would consider inferior materials.
That’s a statement I can appreciate and back up. Glad you’re not some polished knife guy. I’m still all about early Emerson’s. It’s the newer ones that I don’t care for.

Back