Emerson for shtf ?

Uh no, the Emerson Mule fixed blade hell yes! Emerson folders, no effing way! I'm not trolling folks just being honest about my opinion. I wouldn't trust a liner lock not just Emerson in particular all liner locks are not up to that task. His Government Mule however, hell yes!

The ergonomics and general blade design on Emerson knives are second to none. It's just the liner lock design in general I don't trust anymore.

Of the ones I own or have owned it would probably just be a cqc7 and a super Roadhouse.

Tanto twins.

Ideally I would like to get an Emerson framelock though. HD7 is my all time grail knife.

I'd be OK with any Emerson. I recall that Ernie said he would take a tanto blade in a SHTF scenario.
The 7 would be great. The ETAK, Roadhouse, 15, or Bulldog would be awesome.
For me, I'm taking the Vindicator and my Super Karambit.

If it had to be 2 folders. Commander and a 7. Any w Emerson's, sheepdog and a LaGriffe.

I'd be OK with any Emerson. I recall that Ernie said he would take a tanto blade in a SHTF scenario.

I wonder why he would choose the CQV-7 ?

I mean there are bigger (and meaner) blades he makes. Wondering why he would choose the 7?

If I recall, he felt the advantage of the strength of the Tanto combined with it's overall versatility made it the go to choice. My first Specwar was the BM 975S (CQC7). I used it as a climber, LEO, and for wilderness survival classes. The Tanto is a design I never stressed. It just did everything. The Roadhouse, ETAK, and CQC7 are Juggernauts.
I wouldn't hesitate to grad the CQC10 or my Vindicator.

After owning a big bulldog I think I would take it over my 7 for shtf but for edc the 7, but the big bulldog isn’t doing to bad for edc

Back