Emerson Multitasker 2 perfection?

DGI

Gold Member
Looking for a multi tool I can carry every day without too much inconvenience but still have easy access to it.

I have a Multitasker 2 but never really warmed up to the recurved blade for EDC.

Is there a similar option with a more traditional shaped blade?

I like having philips, flat head, useful pry bar, blade and a pocket clip. I wouldnt be opposed to having to carry a primary blade and having a multi tool added to my EDC but i'm not looking for a full size belt sheath either.

Tried running a secondary SAK but the lack of a useful phillips has had me running to my tool box too many times.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you tried a Victorinox Explorer? That model has in line Philips. I hate the Backside mounted T Philips screwdriver. I will say the Victorinox can opener works very well on Philips screws though

I often rotate in a Leatherman Crater c33Tx (2.6" blade; 3.1 oz). I did sand the handles to my liking. It kicked out all of my Vic's from my EDC last year (when I don't need a saw or can opener). The thumbstud is much easier to deploy one handed, the liner lock is secure, and it doesn't have up and down blade play when open like my Vic OHT. Whenever I feel like downsizing my EDC (I often carry 3.4-3.8" knives) I pop the c33Tx in my belt pouch. It also has all the tools you said you wanted in the first post. For the record, I take the pocket clips off of all of my knives (I use a belt pouch), but it comes with one.
54-c33tx.png

http://www.leatherman.com/crater-c33tx-54.html?dwvar_54_color=10

That's exctly what the Emerson
I often rotate in a Leatherman Crater c33Tx (2.6" blade; 3.1 oz). I did sand the handles to my liking. It kicked out all of my Vic's from my EDC last year (when I don't need a saw or can opener). The thumbstud is much easier to deploy one handed, the liner lock is secure, and it doesn't have up and down blade play when open like my Vic OHT. Whenever I feel like downsizing my EDC (I often carry 3.4-3.8" knives) I pop the c33Tx in my belt pouch. It also has all the tools you said you wanted in the first post. For the record, I take the pocket clips off of all of my knives (I use a belt pouch), but it comes with one.
54-c33tx.png

http://www.leatherman.com/crater-c33tx-54.html?dwvar_54_color=10

That's exactly what the Emerson multitasker should have been IMO. It took me too many years to try one out, it also kicked most of my SAKs and other folders out of the EDC in short time.

20170120_150808_zpsea0yqyf4.jpg

It's really lightweight, capable, tough and comfortable to carry and at a fraction of the Emerson's price.

20170319_193620_zpsefem0n7l.jpg

If you need a nice edge (especially OHO) and drivers, but no pliers, that's the way to go.
Comes in many variations too, pick the one you like the most!

20170127_094657_zpsz7fyvavh.jpg

It will be hard to get a decent screwdriver with a pocket clip. Like you I had Multitasker Emerson Tool 2 and wanted to love it. I also didn't like the blade. And eventually kept reaching for my LM OHT more and more until Multitasker was not being used anymore. If you are looking for a tool that is small and has a decent screwing abilities than take a peek at Gerber Centerdrive but unfortunately it has no pocket clip but it is pocket friendly.

I've been flipping between my Leatherman Charge Ti and my Emerson EDC1 and EDC2 for when I need more than just a knife. I like the slim-ness of the EDC2 and use the heck out of it.

Back