Emerson - Prop 65

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by Ernest Emerson, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Ernest Emerson

Ernest Emerson

Apr 5, 1999
    To All,
    As a result of another regulation forced on us by the state of California amongst all of their "feel good" legislation, you will notice the Prop 65 labels on Emerson products.

Bear in mind that there are attorneys out there that are called "bounty hunters,” and they make a living looking for companies to sue whose products do not feature the Prop 65 warning label, whether in reality they are warranted or not. Most companies, in order to avoid litigation, comply by adding the warning to their products.

I was putting up aluminum no trespassing signs on my land this weekend. These are the fluorescent orange and black signs that you see all over the United States. On the bottom left of the sign, which was manufactured in Massachusetts, it read "Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov."

Go figure.
    Ernest Emerson

marchone likes this.
  2. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    First we kill all the lawyers.

j/k

BBW and willc like this.
  3. Ernest Emerson

Ernest Emerson

Apr 5, 1999
    If only.
    Ernest

4. Turbo4x4

Turbo4x4 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 4, 2011
    Knives do not cause cancer - knives contribute to premature termination of life ))

5. Kravmaglock

Kravmaglock

Feb 2, 2014
    EKI needs to move out of Commiefornia. I remember when Magpul left Colorado for Wyoming.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Officer's Match likes this.
  6. Ernest Emerson

Ernest Emerson

Apr 5, 1999
    California used to be pretty cool. But now it seems like it is doomed. Although the Governor denies it, I have seen in person, the hemorrhage of businesses both large and small fleeing the state. I have also had dozens of friends and neighbors move out of state. U Haul has been paying people to drive empty vans and trailers back to California because they've all been going only one way - out. Yet this governor continues to say that more people are moving in to California than leaving, and now they've floated a back tax proposal of 10 years for businesses that leave California. Not a law yet, but in committee. That doesn't sound like something you would do if everything was moving in and not out.
    The seeds may have been planted.
    Ernest

Kravmaglock and dissipator16 like this.
  7. Kravmaglock

Kravmaglock

Feb 2, 2014
    I vote Colorado. (Purely selfish reasons)
    Dave...⚔

8. joeldworkin307

joeldworkin307 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I think 154cm hardened below hrc 59 might cause cancer. Better up that hardness!

The Aflac Duck and John_0917 like this.
  9. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    NO! I LOVE the HT Ernie - keep up the good work.

10. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    Or switch to 4V / Cruwear!