Emersons in combat ?

Hey all I recently got bored and went into the cold steel forum and say a user post about seeing there knives used or at least soldiers carrying them while deployed. This kind of peaked my interest because I think emerson goes hand and hand with the "tactical" community. But i'm looking to see some soldiers actually carrying these blades. Maybe its because i just got a cqc13 and Im going to be leaving soon for basic training, so I just really want to see other combat mos guys carry some gnarly folders. sorry for the long post, Post any pictures you have!

36802382225_fa3997d370_b.jpg

My cqc13!

Good luck and stay safe in your military career! Cool 13, BTW. Should work well for you.

--Larry

I wouldn't bring it, as personally owned items aren't allowed.

It'd be cool to see, but if they are carrying them it'd be in the pocket so all you'll see is the clip if anything.

If they are using them then shit got real and I doubt anyone is going to be taking a pic.

I remember when I got my ass kicked too, good times. Have fun!

I don't think you guys are understanding what im asking, im asking does anyone have pictures of soldier carrying emersons or emersons in bad places like they claim to be carried. im not asking if its a good blade to bring to basic, which i cant do.

example this SAS soldier carrying this coldsteel fixed blade.

https://i.imgur.com/jDsN4eq.jpg

If he has a pocket knife can you see it?

That was my point earlier: its going to be hard finding a pic as the most youll be able to see is just the pocket clip.

Carried my Benchmade CQC-7B, later a EWI CQC-7 while a medic with 2/187 Inf. Never saw combat, just saw use cutting paracord, MREs, tape, and other boring stuff.

The best book I know for photos of troops carrying knives is Dietmar Pohl's Combat Knives in either German or English. I don't remember if there are many Emersons. Seemed like Columbia River was the most common with the troops in the field.
P.S. Don't take any kind of knife to basic. You will just lose it. Once you get to an actual unit you can find out what they will allow you to carry.

If he has a pocket knife can you see it?

Sometimes.

Pohl Force Alpha 1

xHLqvA4.jpg

Extrema Ratio Fulcrum 2

exelagq.jpg

Gerber 06 Auto

a8y4wLs.jpg

First generation Benchmade AFO

2YwlyFj.jpg

Spyderco Delica

8DbCNBI.jpg

Spyderco Endura

bqlL0Xe.jpg

Cold Steel Rajah II

ypWti6t.jpg

And here's a rare one:

Charles Ochs Black Knife

vJWsoVK.jpg

Hey all I recently got bored and went into the cold steel forum and say a user post about seeing there knives used or at least soldiers carrying them while deployed. This kind of peaked my interest because I think emerson goes hand and hand with the "tactical" community. But i'm looking to see some soldiers actually carrying these blades. Maybe its because i just got a cqc13 and Im going to be leaving soon for basic training, so I just really want to see other combat mos guys carry some gnarly folders. sorry for the long post, Post any pictures you have!

I'm glad that you're enjoying my "Cold Steel Knives In Combat" thread. I'll be interested in seeing where your thread goes. I'll help you kick things off.

Pathetic and blurry photos from a Daily Caller article, but this is the CQC-7 owned by Navy SEAL Matt Bissonette for over eight years and carried by him on Operation Neptune Spear, the mission to kill Bin Laden.

yGNZKrr.jpg

OtSfe59.jpg

ruOtyxh.jpg

I hope Basic Training goes well for you! Once you're at your first assignment, please post a photo of you with your CQC-13.

-Steve

Back