Emotional Support Chat: Waiting for your knife

waiting is half the fun :)

it took 10 weeks 6/19- 9/3 but my gladius has arrived!! now it's down to the Muk, and the AK47

28p0t3.jpg

*Edit: Turns out my Muk was at the bottom of the box... glad i noticed it before the box went in the trash. The muk is a seriously impressive knife. I don't think i could have designed a better skinner if i tried.

Last edited:
These came in this morning. Just waiting on the KD Sniper Hawk and a SJTAC I scored on the exchange.
IMG_3317.jpg

rattlehawks should start moving soon... might throw the ganzaa sniperhawk since I wont have to worry about breaking the handles off

Well I just received my Scrapivore after 3 weeks. It feels nice in my hands but it isn't really sharp =( Can anyone tell me any way to give it a better edge with me still being an amateur at sharpening without risk of damaging the knife???

well, there are several things you can do. You can send it back to the shop. they will take good care of you.

You can buy a good sharpening system like Wicked Edge and do it yourself, or you can get in touch with one of the pros (norcalblacktail for example) and they'll send it back crazy sharp

Well I just received my Scrapivore after 3 weeks. It feels nice in my hands but it isn't really sharp =( Can anyone tell me any way to give it a better edge with me still being an amateur at sharpening without risk of damaging the knife???

Also, check out the videos on that dang big video site (since it's owned by the company that now blocks firearms on their shopping section, i won't mention their name), but look up convex edge sharpening, look up stropping, actually, just look up knife sharpening.

Look at it this way... it's going to get dull if you use it, you should really really really know how to sharpen it yourself.

What if the zombie apocalypse actually starts in Wauseon Ohio, what then? :eek:

Hey, BP, you get that AK yet?

Last edited:
No sir, no AK yet, but i'm holding out hope that i'll see it soon.

Until then, i have 3 ruckis to play with. Traded my Gladius for them. I figure i'll keep one, and use the others for trade bait on new Kin, or a wicked edge

Waiting on some recent trades:

_My Second SAR 4 (Black G10)
_Skinny ASH
_B 10 LE

They're all in the mail, but I am having a hard time coping in the mean time...

I've just been told that my custom-modified TGLB is ready. First time I've custom ordered from Busse - sent Garth a sketch of what I wanted and he said yes. So, I'm really eager to see how it turned out in person.

Only problem is that I've been forced to extend a work trip by another 3 weeks, so I won't be back in the US until almost mid-October. Will have to keep waiting and wondering til then.

Ordered from: Zombie Tools

Date: 18.09.2012

Order:
Bone Machete 2012,
The Apokatana,
The Mack Daddy-O,
The Phalanx,
The Deuce,
The Ferrous Wolf,
The Reaper.

Wait time 8-9 weeks + shipping to Germany

It hurts thinking about it :(

Got the email yesterday afternoon that my TGLB w/ CF & Tan/Black G10 was shipping that day :D
According to USPS tracking, It will be waiting for me when I fly back in from Dallas tomorrow.
Ordered 8/1...........delivered 9/21..............AWESOME!!

Perfect timing..........now to get geared up for this weekends' NMFSHLE-Ganzaaaaaa!!!!

It's been 21 days since I sent my email order to swamprat for my rs . Still havnt gotten an email or confirmation. so I had to get a swamp warden on the exchange to hold me over.

It's been 21 days since I sent my email order to swamprat for my rs . Still havnt gotten an email or confirmation. so I had to get a swamp warden on the exchange to hold me over.

You may want to call them. I placed an order on Mon. and didn't get a confirmation email. I called today and they didn't receive my order. I had to reorder by phone.

I forgot when I ordered and when they said it would arrive. So, after what seemed to be ages, I broke down and called.

The woman I spoke with was ever so polite and helpful. It appears it was not actually a lifetime ago that I ordered. More like 3 weeks. Now I've got a ball park range of mid-October as the day to start rushing to the post office to see if my TGLB has arrived. At least I know I can put off stalking the postal workers for a few more weeks.

Back