End of the Year Clearance sales for 12/30

...I am a big fan of Kumar's work.

A photo of Kumar (left) and Sher (right) that some might be interested to see, from 2 years ago:

12-31-14002_zps62c2a1c5.jpg

14 inch 15 ounce villager fit and finish Hasiya by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. $65

I'll take this if available, email sent.

Thanks for the pic, and congratulations on the AST Brewton! The docked pommel is unusual, is that a regular feature on ASTs? The profile looks well suited to large camp knife tasks.

The docked pommel is not a regular feature of the ASTK. Current or past owner probably did that, either because the corner of the pommel was cutting into his hand, or maybe the handle was damaged in that area.

Personally, I don't think that the ASTK or M43 are best as an "all around camp knife." The shape might be right, but these are fairly heavy knives (usually 28-32 oz), good for heavy chopping but not optimal for other camp chores or for carrying around on hikes. Now that's for the 18" length. If you can find a lighter weight 15" version, that would make a good camp knife. However, I've rarely seen either of these models in 15" lengths.

For a camp knife I'd stick with the 15"-16" length and maybe choose a Sirupati, Chitlangi or Gelbu Special. The Pen Knife usually runs a little shorter, but it's very robust and also makes a good camp knife.

This Pen Knife by Kumar Kami is 12.5" OAL and weighs 18 oz. Because the handle lines up straight with the spine you can choke up on it if necessary, or if you have large hands. It might be shorter than most HI knives, but this is a very strong knife and can do everything except the heaviest chopping, and it can do some of that in a pinch.

PenKnife12.5in-Kumar18oz-for-Dave-02.jpg

David, my ASTK came straight from Auntie. But I have never seen them like that before. Upon further inspection, I believe the 2 pictures are both of the same knife! Brewton, where did that pic come from?

I could be wrong, but I think Auntie just added a few more knives tonight up top... I have reached my quota for 2016 and am cutting myself off. Good thing tomorrow is 2017.

EMS for 18 inch 20 ounce Kumar Kobra by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. $95

Got the Done Deal. :)

Last edited:
David, my ASTK came straight from Auntie. But I have never seen them like that before. Upon further inspection, I believe the 2 pictures are both of the same knife! Brewton, where did that pic come from?

I did a search on the site looking for one of that size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD on the Malla, and possibly grabbing a 20" 40oz AK as well :) new year, same broke, low-impulse control me

EMS on "20 inch 22 ounce Chainpuri Khukuri from Chainpur. Satisal wood handle and sheath. Beautiful Knife at $100 even".

Hold your head up son, I do that all the time. You'll get the next one, I can feel it in my cells.

Plus who knows, she might just have another one and then who will the joke be on..............................

That is what I get for not reading all five pages first. 😩

Whatever you do, do not email her she secretly has way too much good stuff available and you will end up like me odering one of everything. Seriously do email her she might have just what you want.

Too late. I emailed her and she has a similar one coming my way.

Of course, that is in addition to the SEAX knife I just ordered.

I'm gonna be one happy camper. 😁

I'm gonna be a happy camper for you too. My Fred Astaire days are long gone but picture me dancing for you.

That might be a hard image to remove from your eyes. Maybe best not.

Back