Endela

Just picked one up...very nice...typical Spydero quality, design, function, and execution. PM2 size is very functional. Brand new design, but in my book already tried and true. I can't decide if it will replace my EDC Polestar; I LOVE that knife!

These would be nice to have with the Endura/Delica colored handles.

This Endela may not seem like a big deal to some, but this mid-size option excites me. I am a lifelong Endura fan, and while Delicas are nice, this middle option just seems about perfect for a new number one EDC. That said, I spent my monthly knife money on a Smock, so it will have to wait.

I agree with you completely. I am a Salt guy, and the Salt and Pacific Salt are comparable to the Delica and Endura. I think a middle Goldilocks size is/would be a great addition to both lines. I'm sure the Endela will be very popular, and if so, a salty Endela will probably follow. We seem to agree, all three sizes are practical, and worth owning.

I must say my Endela came with one of the best edges I have ever seen. I must say that I like everything about this knife, it has 0 negatives.
Mine Too! (the edge I mean). :thumbsup:

I picked up the last Plain Edge at the Factory Outlet on Monday and couldn't be more pleased with it.

Hi Sgt,

Actually, every model is a gamble and the cost of making a new one is quite high. Some, like the Endela is partially to see the market reaction as compared to the Stretch. The new Straight spine Stretch is also part of that test. All 3 are 3.5" FRN lockback models. Refining and differentiation are an important part of understanding the preferences and demand of the customer.

sal
Positive feedback here, loved the Endela for the past few months and would buy the heck out of an m390 or 20cv version =)

Buying the Endela was a no-brainer for me. I EDC the Delica, but this will share pocket time. The Endela is preferred over the PM2 and Manix. Yes I'm a left handed backlock junkie. I can't wait for other steels and colors.

I really don't get the "point" of the Endela and have no plans on buying one.

There are several other Spyders that already fill that size gap (the PM2, Manix2 and Tenacious -- all of which I already own) that immediately come to mind and the fact that you can still buy an Endela on Spyderco's website seems to confirm a lack of demand because any new release subject to high demand always sells out there quick.

But none of them are as light and narrow, or feel as good in the hand. It's an excellent knife. Good enough that I bought a PE and SE.

The Endela seems to be doing very well. I check a couple of my favorite online vendors now and again, and it’s not uncommon for them to be temporarily out of Endelas, especially the plain edge version. I still haven’t purchased one yet, but plan to.

And just because Spyderco already has knives in the same basic dimensions doesn’t mean there’s no place for the Endela. People like different things. It may not be ‘flashy’, but many people prefer something basic. I prefer Spyderco’s simpler or more basic models to most of their more unusual models, and the former tend to stay around in the lineup much longer than the latter.

Jim

Reactions: AF
My next Spydie will be a waterway but the Endela sure seems like the ideal sized Seki backlock. As mentioned earlier, it is a real Goldilocks size. A hair under 3.5” gets the nod from me! Though I have both I really prefer damn near every aspect of the Endura over the Delica.

I don't know if I can hold out any longer on sprint Endelas... so close to pulling the trigger on one

Only if enough people buy the base model can/will Spyderco consider sprint runs with better materials. So go ahead pull the trigger.;)

Back