endura vs. calypso

I am looking at getting a Spyderco. What are the main differances between the endura, and the calipso?
smile.gif

slow1,

Beginning with the blade, the Calypso's 4 inch blade is a flat grind VG-10, whereas the Endura's blade is just under 4 inches and is ATS55. In terms of blade shape the Endura has more of a distinct hump at the Spyderhole. As for the handles, the Calypso is micarta, and the Endura is zytel. The Endura has a reversible clip; the Calypso does not.

Even though some refer to the Calypso as a "dress up" Endura, there are a lot of differences in these two knives. I personally like the Calypso better because of its superior steel and the slick look of the micarta. Even though the clip is not reversible on the Calypso, the clip is placed so that the knife rides remarkably low in the pocket.

------------------
Guyon
AKTI Member #A001044

"The hardest knife ill used doth lose his edge."
-William Shakespeare, Sonnet 95

The Endura is still being made. The Calypso has been retired. They are still out there some where so if ya want one get it soon.

Blades

Endura = run of the mill
Calypso = elegance
Crude, simplistic, but that's me
smile.gif

Ferret,
Crude, simplistic, but accurate!
biggrin.gif

My Calypso is my Sunday-go-to-meeting-dressed-in-the-suit elegant folder.
smile.gif

------------------
The individualist without strategy who takes opponents lightly will inevitably become the captive of others.
Sun Tzu

Back