English Jack Extravaganza

The English Jack Extravaganza!!

Bring one ...bring em all!! The whimsical lavish poetical jacks. The big-uns. The English Jack!!

Schrade Cut Co
Pre Peachseed

10105796044_a27c1f4249_b.jpg

What can ya say,, wonderful, look at that warm bone. That log is the great background Brother. Thanks for another beauty.

Best regards

Robin

Charlie,
I got the pre-peachseed knowledge from a post you made in another of my favorite threads.

Quoted here:

StainlessStockman

Fresh from California, and back to the 1926 catalog, this knife appears therein as the SS8813. The bone jigging on it postdates the "picked bone", but predates the peachseed jigging on later Schrade Cut. Co.s, and of course the Schrade Waldens.
It is a whisker under 4", call it 3 15/16". An early example of Stainless Steel. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...8-12/page4?highlight=schrade+cut+english+jack

Am I correct in saying this in Pre-Peachseed bone on this English Jack?

I found a Schatt and Morgan English Jack earlier this year on that big Internet auction house and couldn't resist the buy it now price. Little did I realize how big an English Jack is! I've only carried it once, and in a pouch on my belt. I had plenty of comments from the guys in the Troop when I opened it up. This knife really walks and talks...Loudly! :D

smenglish.jpg

Cheers,
Griff

Charlie,
I got the pre-peachseed knowledge from a post you made in another of my favorite threads.

Am I correct in saying this in Pre-Peachseed bone on this English Jack?

As far as I can determine, it is still true Gev. Nothing has come along to change my mind.

On my knife above, I guess I should have said "post the beginning of Peachseed" but it sounded awkward!

I love English Jacks! I hope some more turn up here.
I am going to have to dig mine out and add some pics. I have a couple more to show.

Ah! There's one now;) - nice knife, Griff!:thumbup:

Thank you Charlie! It is a beautiful knife, I may try carrying in my jeans' back pocket this fall.

Yes, the are big Griff!! I really had no idea either until the box arrived, and it was so heavy...lol Beautiful knife!

Thanks and I hope some more turn up as well, Charlie!! I can't wait to see some more of the fruits of your archaeological digs:D

This sweet Robeson from the 1920's still walks and talks with the force of a bear trap, and not even the slightest amount of blade wobble to be found.

They really overbuilt those old knives.

IMG_3707_zps290f632f.jpg

Just so we are clear, the term "English Jack" refers to a knife over 4" long!
It can be slim, regular or sleeveboard, but it is the length that defines it.

Yes, it's behemoth dimensions alright :D:eek:

The only example I have is a Schatt & Morgan Keystone in Wormgroove Bone with giant Sheepfoot master, Pen minor. as shown in the centre of Jerry's picture.

Queen released a very decent version in their QCCC series, bone, ebony and stag I believe.

Regards, Will

Last edited:

Ok -cause I was just going to ask if the Boys knife is an English Jack .Cheers.
Gev -mate that is the peachiest seed I've ever seen! superb.

What about this ? Is this an English Jack ?
021-1.jpg

Next to a 3.5" trapper for size,I do believe this was 4.25" ,with swayback frame
020-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

011.jpg

I'd call that a curved jack.

English jacks usually have a single clip or spear blade. Sometimes a pen secondary.

I don't have one. I could be talked into a Schrade Walden like those posted upthread, though...

I'd call that a curved jack.

English jacks usually have a single clip or spear blade. Sometimes a pen secondary.

I don't have one. I could be talked into a Schrade Walden like those posted upthread, though...

Like this

DSC09426.jpg

That's the way they're defined Charlie, plus I've seen some say 4½" is the proper length for an English Jack and they should have some premium features. That's why I couldn't figure out why Queen called this 2005 S&M Premier Series an English Jack since it's only 3-5/8". (I bought one anyway because it's a sweet knife)
652272_orig.jpg

Back