English Jack Extravaganza

I like to think of this one as an English Jack.

100_0914.jpg

20130823_000030.jpg

100_0936.jpg

That's a sensational knife S-K really top of the quality range.

We are indeed lucky to see such things. Any chance of a closed shot too?

Thank you, Will

That's a sensational knife S-K really top of the quality range.

We are indeed lucky to see such things. Any chance of a closed shot too?

Thank you, Will

Thank you Will. As always, I greatly appreciate your comments. Yes I have a few. It was common to have the slightly better stag on the mark side. The last photo shows the flush tangs. It's the knife on the left.
12-04061_zps4215ad99.jpg

12-04065_zpse5595db6.jpg

12-04070_zps3f2329e8.jpg

That pile side stag looks more than good as well.

Wonderful bolster and great construction, the pix are very informative thank you.

S-K could you please e-mail me or send a visitor msg? I'd like to send you something....

Regards, Will

The Utica came from a batch of knives that were bought from Utica Cutlery in the 1980's. Most were in the office of the president of the company and were made as show pieces of what the company could do. My understanding is that the group was made from the early years of the company till maybe the 1950's. This knife has the mark that is pre 1937. There are salesman's inked numbers on the back of the main blade. J Bruce Volyes sold a large group of them in an auction. I will post more of the ones I have when I can take pictures of them. There were 3 carved pearl congress knives in the group that I was lucky enough to buy and are just fantastic!

Charlie already showed one, but as it's my avatar knife I post another one, both before and after modification.

2005 File & Wire III #042129
HansonBefore.jpg~original

Spear reground into Wharncliffe by ABS Master Smith Don Hanson III
IMG_0626.jpg~original

Jeff, I like the mod you've done on your F&W EJ. I'm sure I've said it before, but it bears repeating. Looks very useful.
In fact, that knife (even in its factory configuration) is just all-around excellent. I still miss the one I used to have, which was lifted from my wrecked truck by the tow truck driver following a bad accident. :/

Charlie already showed one, but as it's my avatar knife I post another one, both before and after modification.

2005 File & Wire III #042129
HansonBefore.jpg~original

Spear reground into Wharncliffe by ABS Master Smith Don Hanson III
IMG_0626.jpg~original

I've been admiring your avatar knife for some time. Thanks for the pics and explanation, great mod. Now if I can only get the knife I paid for three weeks ago from some Bum in Long Beach.!

Here are 2 more Utica's not English jacks but from the factory collection. The one with the Tulip shield a good friend gave me for my birthday!!uticatulip1.jpguticapearlclip1.jpg

Here's a Schatt & Morgan Keystone EJ. It's blue bone, but so dark it's almost impossible to get a blue glint off of.

SampMKeyEJack_zps80eb92fd.jpg

Now S&M listed this as a Daddy Barlow, but it's more of an EJ to me.

SampMFampWBarlow_zpsa6442cc7.jpg

Back