English Jack Extravaganza

2f2529c76d258f54a0a82157d51cde69_zps5a75180e.jpg
[/IMG]
Long wait for this one but, worth it.

Very good array of German knives there Lyle, that Coco Buster is particularly noteworthy!

Thanks, Will

Before I got into Farmers Will,I liked these knives very much,thanks for looking.. I gave up a couple nice ones to further my collection of the Farmers..:)

I have 3 or 4 more I like a lot.Here's one of them I've shown elsewhere.

Another "Germanic English" jack. Very old horn handled Providence Cutlery .Austria on back written around inside a circle.

ProvidenceCutAustriaoldfoldingguard353.jpg

ProvidenceCutAustriaoldfoldingguard356.jpg

ProvidenceCutAustriaoldfoldingguard357.jpg

Ha.... That's a nice Queen,Millineum too...:) Thanks for showing Cutty..

Fantastic horn on that one Lyle, looks like it was cut on the bias to give more colour to the handle on one side. I've seen very old horn knives on forums which, like this one, look in remarkable condition. No shrink or curl here, I often wonder if there was some art in curing horn that has since been lost, some technique they had? Modern horn can be insufficiently cured or treated, a lot of nasty surprises can lay in wait for the hapless owner.....

Best wishes, Will

Used to have one of the F&W Schatts like Jeff's, but alas it was swiped long ago.
This one qualifies, I think.
Another Schatt & Morgan, this time a locker, from 2000 Keystone Series.

100_0904.jpg
20130823_000030.jpg

Although this is the only one I have at present, I really like English Jacks. Their large size is just right for me, and they are usually quite slender... right up my alley!

Alex,nice one, and my favorites are the slim jack variety also.The Boker I posted earlier is one of my favs,except the farmers.

Here are 3 really nice Case 6211 1/2s. 1972 8 dot,1970 10 dot(matches my 1970 6380) it has an Indian track or wormgrove on the reverse bone, and a USA.

Case1972-70-USAfoldingguard381.jpg

Case1972-70-USAfoldingguard383.jpg

I've got a set of four matching Queen City Cutlery Classic English Jacks on the way (same ones photographed in post #22.) Beautiful knives and I know they're big 'uns at 4.5" closed, but I'm a little concerned about how thick they might be. Can anyone comment on how they'd compare in thickness to, say, a Case Large Stockman? :confused:

-Brett

A blast from the past! I don't know if this is the thread I was looking for on English Jacks, but it certainly works for me...

[Edit: This is the thread I was originally looking for. Gevonovich and Peregrin straightened it out. Thanks!]

Last edited:
I'd love to see a variation of the GEC 65 with a pen blade secondary. Some more 64s would be awesome too!

Love to see some English jacks! Queen did some nice ones.

Last edited:
Vapor and Charlie

Way to start it on fire ! Those Camillus are just outstanding, Charlie ! The bone and bolsters are just tremendous.

The Northwoods are svelte and classy, Vapor !

More more....

Back