Enough is enough!

In the thread "Colin Powels speech today" forum member Kendo insulted everyone of us and told Uncle Bill to "get stuffed"!:mad: I posted in anger to kendo and after some thought I think the best way to deal with trolls like kendo is just to ignore them as hard as it may be. For someone to say that to a person with as much intrigrety as Uncle Bill just shows they have no respect. If this forum was face to face I don't think I could ignore comments like what kendo said and would probably take matters into my own "hands"! I try not to get involved with discussions like this but kendo crossed the line! Sorry for my rant.

Let it go, Chris. You're doing just what he wants: getting upset over a bunch of childish spewing. He MAY have points, but he's sure not making them in a way that's going to convince anyone.

Chris, if I said I wasn't angered by Kendo's out of line comments directed toward Uncle Bill I'd be lying. Still, Kendo apparently has issues that are his karma to work out, I don't have time for them, and I suspect neither does Uncle Bill. In the end we all wind up where we're headed if we don't change our way.

Sarge

Just don't anybody tell Yvsa that Kendo is back...:(

"Anger is always the result of unfulfilled expectations. I know of no other source."

This could be semantics, but....

Expecting others to conduct themselves well, and appropriately, has always been at the root of my anger, disappointment, sadness, etc.

But I find it very hard not to have some expectations, even as my days pass.

Yep, let it go. It is as it is and things are as they are. What somebody says is not going to change anybody or anything. I explained my position and my motivations and anybody who can't understand and/or accept this is welcome to their own opinion.

Originally posted by pendentive
Just don't anybody tell Yvsa that Kendo is back...:(

I saw it Dan. It pi$$ed me off as well.:mad: Too bad Bill didn't do the same with Rust when he was here.:(
As I said, "It was never about Free Speech!!!!:rolleyes: :p
I told everyone that he was a troll when he first came on as Ghorka or Ghurka whichever the case may be.
I got him to change his name, but as Bruise said, "Leopards, spots and text on the wall..."

Aren't y'all proud that I didn't join in? Can't say I wouldn't do it again if the Flying Fox Bat comes back although I sorta think he's made an appearance from time to time under another name.

Something I've got to get off my chest. In Afghanistan I encountered plenty Aussies, all of 'em staunch allies and courageous and resolute people. Kendo may live in Australia, but please remember his opinions are uniquely his own, and in no way reflect on our friends from "down under". I'd be proud to serve with them anywhere, anytime.

Sarge

Originally posted by Sylvrfalcn
Something I've got to get off my chest. In Afghanistan I encountered plenty Aussies, all of 'em staunch allies and courageous and resolute people. Kendo may live in Australia, but please remember his opinions are uniquely his own, and in no way reflect on our friends from "down under". I'd be proud to serve with them anywhere, anytime.

Sarge

Sarge I believe all of us here know that. There was a time I would've defended Ken, but as Chris said, "He stepped over the line this time."

My Uncle Floyd was in WW II with some Aussies and some Ghorkas. Uncle Floyd had nothing but the highest praise for both. It spoke well for my uncle that one of the Ghorkas befriended him.:)
I have nothing but pride for my uncles and others in my family who served and for all those who are serving now and in the future.
It's a special man and woman who lays their life on the line while doing their jobs.
There's a lot of people who don't realize how many have been and are hurt just in training exercises.
I read in today's paper about the live fire exercises now going on with infantry, tanks, mortars and mobile howitzers.
Dangerous work no matter how you cut it and a great deal of credit should be given the officers and NCO's who keep the troops safe as possible during such exercises.
It would take a great deal of choreography IMO!!!!

Sarge,
KENDO is no AUSSIE,they have guts & style!As I stated before,KENDO these guys are civilized!! You say what you did to my face & I'll stomp your little ***! Naw! What am I thinking,sorry guys,wasn't thinking,my apol.!!We have all met "little" guys(kids) like this!If I remember correctly they ALL shot their mouth off,at the wrong time & to the wrong person,got their clocks cleaned,went crying home to mama,had to be mama,cause no "lady,girl,or woman" would have them!!Why don't they start banning trolls??
jim

I wouldn't let the small minded people get to you, all that does is bring you down to their level. In a forum there is nothing you can do to them except ban them so don't let it get to you.

And you know they would never say that to our faces so it really makes no difference.

Personally I agree with Sarge,Yvsa and Uncle Bill. This Kendo guy's not worth the effort. Even if his comments to Uncle Bill and the rest of you guys ticked me off,and they did, I'll keep it to myself. Let him deal with his own karma, I've got enough of my own to worry about :).

Mike
P.S. Well done Yvsa.

And I think the Aussies will be with us in Iraq, too.

A few things need to be put into perspective. There's a lot of folks right here in the US who would side with Kendo, sad to say, so he's certainly not alone in his viewpoint.

Second, we keep saying it's war with Iraq. It's not. It's war with Saddam -- a dictator, tyrant and terrorist to the core -- and the regime that supports him. I have nothing against the people of Iraq and I don't think there is a man who will fight in Iraq that does. It's not about Iraq, it's about those hell bent on destroying the United States and its people.

Third, I view this action as just a continuation of the war on terror and terrorists and it's going to be going on long after I'm gone. Kids, brace yourself for the long haul. This is going to be the most difficult war we have ever fought. It is much more serious than you might think. Study it, learn about it, and take the proper action. And remember, just as in any war innocent people suffer and they are going to suffer in Iraq and they will suffer in other places before it's all said and done. This is the way of war.

I don't like it and don't think anybody does but when the real and present danger of attack directed at you, your loved ones and your way of life is there you must do something. Working from fear and doing nothing will lead to total disaster. Doing something, even if it is wrong, is better than doing nothing.

I used to have an extream temper but over the last few years I have really worked on it. I think I have come a long way from punching holes in the drywall. I hope one day I will have total control and be and never think twice about people like kendo. I know some day I will and untill then times like this make good practice! :D Time to move on and let it go...it's gone.

I completely missed this thread. In the absence of anything else, I side with Yvsa and Skagsig40. When you put your money on men with character, you just don't go wrong.

Off troll hunting with my Malla.... :D

Ok, I'm back, found it. I only had the energy to read a couple of pages of it... :rolleyes:

I was right, but only partially. It looks like I also owe Munk and Berkeley drinks as well. Good going, guys.

Skagsig40, you're right to let it go. It's a good thing to stand up for what you believe in, then when the point is made, ignore the ignoramus(es).

Pretty funny advice, considering how hot under the collar I tend to get sometimes... I need to learn how to take my own advice. :eek: :D

I'd really like to commend all of you fellow forumites that kept your cool with the whole Kendo situation. I know he got to some of you guys and you vented a bit. i totally agree with you. It's very hard to deal with someone that is so blatantly oblivious to all the sides of a complex issue that he/she takes the most cautious way out of a complex and difficult situation.
I was telling my fiance' about the thread this evening and she was really impressed with how the situation was handled.
Kudos to you, fellas. Especially to those of you that are serving your country in it's time of need. My complete and total respect and support go out all of you. Once again, the gentlemen on this forum prove that they are above petty bickering. Thanks for setting the example to live by.

Thanks,
Jake

Me, I don't say nothing.

Why should I? Is there enough left of him to make a mincemeat pie?

Kendo doesn't realize how many Americans died so he would not grow up learning to speak Japanese.
And A lot more died so German isn't a global language.

Back