Enough is enough!

no i have never posted under a false name i am not a coward i say what i believe and am not afraid to say it out loud or to peoples faces. i have suffered for that numerous times, ie got belted.
but believe me i belted back.
any way my apologies are extended for my stupid spitefull remarks about down with america and up with al quidea. but i was angry at the seemingly flippant attitude to people dying dead and going to die,with the posts like HI GOES TO WAR ECT.
i now see it was not done malicicsly but with pride for the us soldiers serving. and i read my own posts and saw that i had foolishly done 50 times worse by my remarks said in anger about down with america and wiped out.:(
i make no apology for what i said though about plippancy of posts as i just lost it thinking about all the soldiers and civilians that have allready died,and are most certainly going to die in the coming battles. i saw it one way, i can after your posts see it another way now the pride you were showing in giveing your most treasured possesions to usa forces, complete strangers who are going to be putting there lives on the line for you,me and all free people in the world. so as you can see i can eat humble crow when i am wrong.
JUST NEXT TIME I POST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR SOMETHING TO TELL ME ABOUT THIS MISTAKE BEFORE I MAKE ANOTHER. which i have no dougbt i will.:footinmou :footinmou . to those who wont forgive me fine my loss
to those who tolerate my stupid mistakes more power to you. heres luck to us all in the coming conflicts. including any unfortunate innocents on the opposite side. as someone here aptly put it, most will only be doing there duty same as our lads.
unfortunatly i would never make a good soldier as in my mind would be the fact that the enemy we are killing are also some poor mothers son ,brother ,husband,and in order for our boys to come home, someone elses boy WILL LIE FOREVER IN THE FIELD. so think on this instead of my stupid mistake earlier. regards kendo

Kendo,

You probably already know that your apology won't be accepted by everyone...I accept it, but for different reasons.

Let me just repeat an old adage:

1st time = accident
2nd time = coincidence
3rd time = habit

If this happens again, it's going to be hard for people to see the good in you.

Consider what I wrote earlier:

Originally posted by pendentive
...Trollish Behavior

If you are reading a post and get that feeling on the back of your neck (you know, when it's hot enough to fry an egg?!?) then you should immediately ask yourself:

Is this a troll?

The same goes for the person writing the inflammatory remark. Perhaps you could then ask yourself:

• "Am I posting like a troll?"
  • "Will my comments cause an unnecessary flame war?"
  • "Is it worth it?"
  • "How can I reword it?"
  • "1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10...**breath**...do I still feel the way I do?"

As stated in other posts, email and online message boards bring out the worst in people's comments. The written word is much more powerful than the spoken word. So, angry comments that you might make in person are magnified 10X when you type it out (especially in all caps).

I am posting this in a public arena because you are not the only one to ever cause a ruckus on these boards, and hopeful we can all learn to handle the situation properly.

Where's Gollnick? :D

Dan

I think all forumites have had their disagreements, but not often do they attack each other or insult folks unless attacked (or feeling as if they're being attacked).

If you post an aggressive post, it is hard (impossible) to retract it with any amount of apologies after the fact, since most have tuned out already. Try telling your wife/loved ones you don't like them anymore, want a divorce etc, then come back an hour later and say you're sorry, you didn't mean it. See how that goes over.

So consider:

1. Post as if you're talking face to face with a person.

2. Post as if you're a guest in the person's home, and they just fed you a big meal, and busted out the good stuff fer afters.

3. Aviod generalizations (e.g., "All you __insert_nationality___ are blah blah blah!") Bad poise, and guaranted to piss of all who fall within the targeted group. Then you've picked a big fight, and hundred-to-one ain't good fighting odds.

CEASE AND DESIST ALL USAGE OF ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, unless it is one capital letter at the beginning of a sentence or a proper name. IIRC, only a few of your posts did not contain some text in ALL CAPS. You are yelling, and that's no way to treat a bunch of buddies. Walk around for a day, and just yell everything you say to people. Note their reaction. Now apply this study to the forum.

Some helpful hints, beacuse even the squarest peg in the pile can fit into a round hole. I should know.

Keith

Water under the bridge Kendo.

Only please heed our advice about the way you communicate. If you continue to communicate like that, people here will just write you off. Respect is key to understanding.

No more name-calling or capital letters. Use italics if you want to point something out. Make each paragraph contain one idea. Also, smilies exist to convey how you are feeling.

Phil

thanks for the advice on the caps it is hard for me to get out of the habit as i have always written in capitals.
another hint for you guys out there dont post letters here when you have taken large amounts of morphine, it- morphine makes you paranoid and aggressive. thats what i did the other night, my wife an kids said i was off the planet, but i did know what i was writing i think.
i didant realise i had been that bad thow until i reread the posts the next day. i lost a few aquantances here but hey,i am not perfect far from it. i will however try to curb my temper from now on. as they say though sticks and stones, sticks and stones. :( at least i am not one of those who no matter how wrong they are still insist they are right. this symbol here :footinmou i wonder if someone out ther could make one in my honout with a crow in its mouth. so i can use that when i am forced to eat crow and apologise.:confused:

justright go an lie in your own bed, it bothers me not one bit persons like yourself only wanting to poke insults and threats at me.i have apologised to those who wish to hear. so just leave well alone please.

by injuries i am forced to take a lot of medications.thanks
but as i have allready said i can eat crow when i see my mistakes. so leave off mate. regards kendo.

Yup Kendo, you've pretty much become a **** in the punchbowl ain't ya? I'm sorry for your injuries and will remember you in my prayers. Just for the record, Uncle Bill, Rusty, and Yvsa, all live with pain and medications. I myself could only hope to be as wise, helpful, and courteous as any of those three. Doesn't mean I always agree with 'em, but with men I respect at least I can disagree respectfully.

Apologies buy forgiveness, but not forgetfulness. Some of the things you said about my country and my friends the other day are things I can't let go, so this is the last you'll hear from me good, bad, or otherwise.

Sarge

kendo writes:
USA WAS WIPED OFF THE MAP. GOOD RIDDENS TO BAD RUBBISH
AMERICA THE EVIL EMPIRE TO BLOODY RIGHT
LONG LIVE AL QUIDEA.

You could have just kicked my dog, but you had to say something like this and really tick me off.

And we are talking about giving second chances?

Speaking from the warrior population: If you would like to have a face to face meeting with Allah, We, the "evil empire" will be very happy, and obliged to arrange the meeting for you.

:barf:

My apologies, Dhaju, and Rusty.

You know how much I appreciate this forum and all of you and uncle Bill. Time and again I kept saying the HI is a place of honor and that is why I love it. I really enjoy my time spent here and communicate with my friends here, unfortunately I have been very busy lately at SFI and could not visit this board.

I really love HI because of its friendly and family like atmosphere, something special to HI unlike many other fora. Please let us have our friendly atmosphere back my friends. When I saw what happened here my heart broke since I have never seen this on HI forum. Let us have our friendly atmosphere back my dear friends.

Regards

Manoucher M.

I concur with Manoucher. We need to restore peace.

Even if it takes sacrifice. I think it takes more strength to forgive and restore peace than it does to maintain one's anger. The reward is worth the effort though.

EDIT: (It's getting late and I am feeling philosophical:D )

Some things are inexcusable, but are they still forgivable? Sarge said this perfectly.

It feels like forgiving someone doesn't seem to stop what was said from hurting, so I guess that is what I mean by sacrifice. Isn't sacrificing indignation for peace part of Honour?

Maybe this episode was a step for Kendo to become more like Uncle, Rusty and Yvsa? If it was, then maybe what transpired was constructive and not destructive: a man learned restraint and tact.

Would you allow an attack on your pride and dignity to improve the character of another person? If you sacrificed your dignity to improve a man, would you not have the greater honour in succeeding to help someone become better?

Did any of us go through a lesson like this long ago to become a better man today?

Perhaps the best lessons are hard-earned?

Time will tell...
END EDIT

Phil

I have not seen the Post by Kendo but reading between the lines . I get the picture as an Aussie and an ex Viet. Vet I can tell you the majority of Aussies are with our American friends just as we were in Vietnam. Rod

I have just read the second page (should have first) I dont buy the Morphine crap. No one has to take more narcotic pain killers than me and its no excuse for poor manners , I cant believe a fair dinkum Aussie would behave like this. Please be assured we Aussies are NOT like this. Rod

Here is a post I made back on August 6, 2002. I haven't changed my mind about this A$$hole.

gorka aka kendo

"Hey guys! Wake up.
THis gorkha (dorkha) is a f..king troll and needs to be stomped flat and shoved back under his rock. WHich I GLadly volunteer to do. BUt since he hides behind a computer screen in ASSuie land, No Luck."

I understand why everyone's back is up. I can't stand the sob either. Just do what I just did. Click on Kendo's profile, scroll to the bottom, then click "add to ignore list".

Regardless of my feelings on the advisability of war in Iraq. I support our servicemen and women 110%. Sarge, and others on the way, my thoughts and prayers go with you. If there is any way I can help, just let me know. Once you get over there, if there's ANYTHING you need that you can't get over there, email me, and it will be on the way. I'm serious.

Steve Ferguson

Boys, there's probably 2 billion people on this planet who would post the same thing as Kendo and NOT retract it. I don't think any of us have enough hate in us to trade hate for hate with a couple of billion people. So, what's the answer? Kill them and be rid of them or try to understand why they hate us and then try to correct the situation.

thank you bill if i was a true ******* i would not retract my wrong words. i do feel like one though i am sorry i called you names,that was truly something i regret. and what you write humbles me,as regards the meds by the aussie guy i wasant offering an excuse i was merely stating facts, i take morphine, haloparodol,zoloft,and 12 other meds just to keep me goin, at times i take larger doses and sometimes they react badly with each other.and as i said i saw the posts on hi an took them the wrong way. i see that now and have apologised.thats all i can do,i know i have upset people but i can only say SORRY,please everyone dont spoil this forum by continuing to spew at me i got the message.there are more important things happening now than me or any of us as individuals. thanks.:(
oh and by the way godbless you sarge and keep safe sorry i upset you to especialy at a time like this.my thoughts will be with you in the struggles ahead.please forgive my stupidity regards kendo.

Back