Enough is enough!

Bill,
Sorry about the way I feel towards KENDO! NOPE!!I can & have forgiven insults to me,no problem!When it comes to statements & comments made by him towards my country & people who serve,forgiveness?? Not in this lifetime, now it's personal!!!He made these statements & then excuses why? BS,he meant them,read his "so called apology"! I would never trust this individual nor turn my back on him!! As stated,you all are more civilized & forgiving than I!KENDO & I understand each other perfectly!!
jim

Originally posted by Bill Martino
Boys, there's probably 2 billion people on this planet who would post the same thing as Kendo and NOT retract it. I don't think any of us have enough hate in us to trade hate for hate with a couple of billion people. So, what's the answer? Kill them and be rid of them or try to understand why they hate us and then try to correct the situation.

My dear Amu Bill,

Time and again I have stated that you are a great personality, every time I think about you, I think about honor, generosity, forgiveness and a great personality . . . That is my Amu Bill, that is what I associate with you, I own 4 Kuks and 1 katana from HI, they have a special place in my collection since they remind me of you and your kamis . . . That is a different story for me . . . Each time I hold my Kothomora Katana in my hands I feel the transcending power which was instilled in it by your power and your personality . . .

Time and again when I see your posts I feel comfort and I know that each time I click on my screen to get into the magnificent site of HI, I know I am among great members of the cantina, a place led by a great personlity and leader . . . That is Mr. Bill Martino . . .

I know one should not drop a word and stand to it when time comes, I know that the words I am going to say carry a lot of weight and maybe I should not say it so openly in a public forum . . . but I do it anyway . . .

My dear uncle Bill you are such an honorable man and your last post on this thread shows this again that I say "I would be proud to be your retainer and die for you", do you know why because you are an honorable man in a world which is losing more and more its character . . .

I would like to ask everybody sincerely to forgive Kendo, I have never known Kendo, to be honest only after this incident did I read his posts . . . But when a man is down and asks for forgiveness, please give it to him . . . We have a codex for Persian Pahlavans which says that a true Pahlavan is a man who can forgive and we see that our Amu Bill sets an example for us as a pahlavan so we can follow suit and learn from him . . . My dear friends do not beat on a man who is lying low and asks for forgiveness . . . I know that you are all honorable men .

Thank you

Yours

Manoucher M.

Just my 2 cents:

You don't have to call a man friend to forgive him.

You don't lose honor by forgiving.

The ignore button works wonders for your blood pressure ;)

We have real enemies who do their work in silence. Let's worry about them.

These are things I need to remind myself of daily.

Manoucher: on the thread that was moved to the Political Forum, I suggested Kendo take some time off of the forum. Like maybe a week to let everyone cool down. His last few posts were conciliatory, and seemed genuinely so. I can accept that.

To me it's done and over with. Let's take a breather, a time out for everyone, and then move on.

Manoucher, this forum works because people of good intent no matter what their background try to credit others who evidence good intent with being honorable despite their differences.

Uncle constantly provides me with an example of how to live though he is Buddhist and my religious views have been shaped by Christianity. Mohd ( a muslim ) has also in the past shown the same willingness to work to conform himself to a better standard. I wish he'd post more often.

One of the reasons I hold Uncle in respect is his willingness to admit immediately when he does something against his principles. I usually end up laughing with him because such behavior is so unexpected from him. And because so many times he almost has it made when he pops his cork. But mostly I laugh because he gives me hope that in 20 more years I may be able to reach his level of living his beliefs.

Originally posted by Rusty
Manoucher: on the thread that was moved to the Political Forum, I suggested Kendo take some time off of the forum. Like maybe a week to let everyone cool down. His last few posts were conciliatory, and seemed genuinely so. I can accept that.

To me it's done and over with. Let's take a breather, a time out for everyone, and then move on.

Manoucher, this forum works because people of good intent no matter what their background try to credit others who evidence good intent with being honorable despite their differences.

Uncle constantly provides me with an example of how to live though he is Buddhist and my religious views have been shaped by Christianity. Mohd ( a muslim ) has also in the past shown the same willingness to work to conform himself to a better standard. I wish he'd post more often.

One of the reasons I hold Uncle in respect is his willingness to admit immediately when he does something against his principles. I usually end up laughing with him because such behavior is so unexpected from him. And because so many times he almost has it made when he pops his cork. But mostly I laugh because he gives me hope that in 20 more years I may be able to reach his level of living his beliefs.

Thank you Rusty you are a true gentleman, as I have always known you my friend.

Regards

Manoucher

Okay, for all of those who says drugs are no excuse what do you have to say about the below?
The post I C & P'd below is off the 1st page of this thread if anyone wants to check it.
Are you saying that Uncle Bill doesn't have an excuse for foggy or wrong thinking because of drugs?
Drugs can affect anyone in odd ways. I can speak from experience on that myself as I probably take more than any of you with the exception of Kendo.
Not long ago I backed off the forum for a while as something was going on with my drug intake.
I was shaking uncontrolably, seeeing flashes of light as everything was being viewed as a negative instead of in color.
After I made some changes in the times I took my meds things started clearing up once again.

Originally posted by Yvsa
I saw it Dan. It pi$$ed me off as well.:mad: Too bad Bill didn't do the same with Rust when he was here.:(
As I said, "It was never about Free Speech!!!!:rolleyes: :p
I told everyone that he was a troll when he first came on as Ghorka or Ghurka whichever the case may be.
I got him to change his name, but as Bruise said, "Leopards, spots and text on the wall..."

Aren't y'all proud that I didn't join in? Can't say I wouldn't do it again if the Flying Fox Bat comes back although I sorta think he's made an appearance from time to time under another name.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
I'm off the meds and thinking better these days.

I'm gonna say something I shouldn't, but it's the way I feel.
If Bill, myself and others can forgive Kendo then all of you Good Christians should Damn Well ought to be able to do the same. Ainnit?
"Judge not lest ye be judged." is the scripture is it not?:rolleyes: :grumpy:

...then all of you Good Christians should Damn Well ought to be able to do the same.
Yvsa - thank you.

By the way, my wife loves to read your posts. (Bill's too, but she gets a kick out of yours) Perhaps your sense of humor and way of life is not too far removed...

Have a good weekend, bro.

thanks yvsa that means a lot to me coming from you.
i am thouroughly ashamed of my post,i am here typing away its 7am here sunday morning, i got up 3am couldant sleep .
i have not slept much at all actualy since my stupid post,my concience was realy bothering me,i have however decided to forgive myself,and be carefull how i read things now and interpret them for three or four days before i do post. i sent a email to bill telling him how ashamed i felt. i know that i can never take it back but god i wish i could make it never have happened. regards ken :footinmou

Yvsa,
Osiyo, One of my elders speaks- and I will listen. I will pretend this happened in the old year and the traditional arrow is broken.
This is out of respect for you, Dhaju & Rusty...and also to some degree because I can't get my hands on him while he is in Aussieland and it's not worth the effort if I could!

BTW- Rod's posts were appreciated.

In the spirit of things, To make up for it, I am willing to pitch in for a one week vacation to Iraq for him, we could have the money together for a trip about a month from now...
no, no, not going there. bad David. bad David.

Peace.

Donadagohvi

m gonna say something I shouldn't, but it's the way I feel.
If Bill, myself and others can forgive Kendo then all of you Good Christians should Damn Well ought to be able to do the same. Ainnit?

Thank you very much Yvsa.

Regards

Manoucher

Sorry Uncle Bill,
I almost held my tongue till this thing was all over. I'll try harder.:footinmou

Steve

Originally posted by quietone
Yvsa,
Osiyo, One of my elders speaks- and I will listen. I will pretend this happened in the old year and the traditional arrow is broken.
no, no, not going there. bad David. bad David.

Peace.

Donadagohvi

Dawi even our Old Ones didn't hold a crazy man responsible for his actions and surely wouldn't hold anyone responsible for what he said for being on a mixed up dosage of medicinal drugs.
Ken has apologised profusely, what more do you want? Our Old ones would have done the same as I have done and you will realize that once you get past your anger.
Let it go Dawi, it isn't healthy.:(

Dodadagohvi

I'm gonna say something I shouldn't, but it's the way I feel.

Yvsa
With all due respect to you, I NEVER forgive and NEVER forget DISRESPECT! And I will not tolerate it from anyone including this jerk-off kendo. He is a troll and forever a troll. Period.

Semp --

"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." One a lot wiser and infinitely holier than me advised this. Excellent advice and a reminder to us all that karma is exact and absolute and that we make our own karma -- and if you delve deeply enough and get to the essence of the teachings of Jesus I think you will find He understood this implicitly. All the saints and sages since man has been able to record thought and deed has said the same thing. Who am I to argue?

Thanks to all for such kind words but I fear I may be fooling a lot of you. If you see me doing what you consider good you must remember that I do it for myself.

Originally posted by Semper Fi
Yvsa
With all due respect to you, I NEVER forgive and NEVER forget DISRESPECT! And I will not tolerate it from anyone including this jerk-off kendo. He is a troll and forever a troll. Period.

Semp --

Dear Semp

Would you forgive him if I ask you sincerely my friend? I do not know Kendo and I was surprised to read his posts, but for the sake of the friendly atmosphere here, would you do that?

Thank you.

Regards

Manoucher

I don't write much on the forum these days but I read it every chance I can get. I have a healthy collection of khukuries but an even more healthy respect for people like Uncle Bill and Yvsa. Being Australian, I can tell you that after the shameful and insulting things that Kendo wrote about the USA, I haven't contributed to this thread or the other thread because I felt the timing wasn't right. I can't even imagine the anger that my fellow forumites from the USA must have felt and being Australian I thought it prudent to let the anger cool. Even though we have family squabbles, Australians and Americans have a bond that people from other countries will probably never understand.

All generations of my family have had someone in the Australian military. My father fought the Japanese in New Guinea for three and a half years. He was so affected that even though I have probed, he will never tell me of his experiences. Occasionally I learn a little by accident. Once he visited the War Memorial in Canberra where there was a wall with the names of all who were killed and he pointed out the name of someone he said was killed in a grenade practice. Another time, for some unknown reason, he told me how once he was digging latrines for Japanese prisoners and they all became upset because they thought that he was digging their graves. But in 50 years that is about all he has told me. I have a son in the Australian Airforce. I am concerned for his welfare. I again can only imagine the suffering my father went through and I don't want that for my son - but unfortunately the reality is that there are people in the world who could make that difficult. I was in the Australian Navy. I didn't make the Vietnam war but in the military some ten years later we were still told not to wear our uniforms in public for fear of abuse from a minority of sick Australians who somehow eased their conscience by blaming those in the military for the problems caused by politicians. Anyone who attacks and does not support our people who have to go and do the dirty, filthy job of war will have a fight with me. I thankyou Uncle Bill for sending those khukuries on behalf of all those who need our support.

Kendo was wrong - he and everyone else knows it. He has a political view that I can accept. I personally am undecided on the looming war. But Kendo has a problem and he and everyone else who can see knows it. I pray he can keep it under control in the future. But now he is thinking clearly and has given a sincere apology. This forum is different to all others. Uncle Bill's influence is the reason. I sincerely ask that the forum let go of the hatred, forgive, and get back to what makes this forum so great.

Sorry for making a speech, I promise not to write again for at least a few weeks.

With all due respect to you, I NEVER forgive and NEVER forget DISRESPECT!

When it comes to statements & comments made by him towards my country & people who serve,forgiveness?? Not in this lifetime, now it's personal!!!

Then you also should not forgive the disrespect that I saw the WWE pay to the Canadian and British flags; reducing them to the level of low - brow entertainment while thousands of Americans cheered their destruction. Would you allow the Stars and Stripes to be trampled underfoot in a pro-wrestling ring?

But I have forgiven thousands who ignorantly cheered as my flag was desecrated, and now I am asking you to forgive one man for the same kind of sin. This is for the greater good of the forum. Your indignation is righteous, but righteous indignation is wasted upon a penitent man. The truly penitent man deserves forgiveness. You will find it sets you free more than him.

Please rise above this for the sake of your compatriots. :(

Yvsa, Rusty, Bill, Manoucher, Sarge, Pen, SharpBits, Glenn; my respect for you has deepened, as for most of the forumites who have posted on this thread. :)

Well said Glenn!

Phil,
There is no excuse for distroying an Allies flag, no excuse at all!
Just one more reason why I don't watch that trash!

Back