Enough is enough!

Originally posted by Semper Fi
Yvsa
With all due respect to you, I NEVER forgive and NEVER forget DISRESPECT! And I will not tolerate it from anyone including this jerk-off kendo. He is a troll and forever a troll. Period.

Semp --

Semp, with all due respect to you, I didn't expect you would.:( But you don't have to answer to me, but in your belief, assuming you are a Christian, you will have to answer to your god someday, not my tenets, but yours.

But no one has answered the below as yet. Does this mean that you don't think anyone can be affected by drugs? Read what Uncle Bill has to say in answer to my post....
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Yvsa
I saw it Dan. It pi$$ed me off as well. Too bad Bill didn't do the same with Rust when he was here.
As I said, "It was never about Free Speech!!!!
I told everyone that he was a troll when he first came on as Ghorka or Ghurka whichever the case may be.
I got him to change his name, but as Bruise said, "Leopards, spots and text on the wall..."

Aren't y'all proud that I didn't join in? Can't say I wouldn't do it again if the Flying Fox Bat comes back although I sorta think he's made an appearance from time to time under another name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Martino
I'm off the meds and thinking better these days.

And even though I thought Ken a troll when he first came into the forum posting as Ghorka I knew he wasn't when he listened as to why Ghorka was offensive as a handle and changed his name to Kendo.
Kendo made some good contributions to the forum in the past and will again I'm sure.
I know for sure he damned sure won't let anyone run him off so if you don't want to read his posts put him on your ignore file.

I was going to suggest that perhaps you and Uncle Bill had gone through some of the same mood - altering things with meds in my post last night. Then I decided it was untoward of me to make suppositions like that.

However you rose to the occasion anyway, and set the record straight. :)

I remember reading something about morphine in a world war (1 or 2 I dunno). They said that soldiers sometimes would hallucinate and scream out all kinds of evil things. :confused:

Kendo, you've done this twice on this forum and apologized twice. That doesn't encourage me to think you've learned anything.

The problem with the drug argument is this- can't help feel that you said something you believe in some way. But yes, drugs can mess one up.

Mark Furhman said he'd never used the N word. Then on a tape to a writer he used it a lot. He said he was role acting what a street cop would say. If you are role acting please shut up in the future. If you're the kind who will say wild and hateful things then please button it first. That's my best advice.

Furhman became something after his disgrace- though many of us felt he was more scapegoated than disgraced. We feel that way because he never said to hell with the US and long live the people who killed thousands of innocents. I think you hate the US on some level.

I cannot forget what you said. Maybe you can pull a Furhman and become a better man. That would require courage. Personally, I think you're just out of control and are going to blow it. But the good news is I'm not in charge of the universe or the Kendos. Prove me wrong.

I don't trust you, but we need redemption in this world.

munk

My thanks to Chris for starting this thread. He's been with me so long he feels more like a son than nephew -- a fine young man he is and I wouldn't want him any other way. What he did is give many of us a chance to view ourselves and others from a deeper place and we need to do this more often than we do. The guru always comes to you and he wears a thousand faces.

I am not qualified to tell my brothers how to feel, think or lead their lives but I can tell you what I have learned in 70 years of very hard living. If you can forgive you are free. If you cannot you have to carry the load. Think about it.

"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." One a lot wiser and infinitely holier than me advised this. Excellent advice and a reminder to us all that karma is exact and absolute and that we make our own karma -- and if you delve deeply enough and get to the essence of the teachings of Jesus I think you will find He understood this implicitly. All the saints and sages since man has been able to record thought and deed has said the same thing. Who am I to argue?

Thanks to all for such kind words but I fear I may be fooling a lot of you. If you see me doing what you consider good you must remember that I do it for myself.

Wow! How can you argue with that!

I'm still young compared to alot of you and I have alot to learn but I'm working on it! I feel better now and as long as I let it go and don't look back or read some old posts I should be ok with a true apoloigie but you know what they say 3 strikes and your out! I have made a few enemies over the years buy saying the wrong thing and I am now sorry for that so I'll give Kendo the benifit of the doubt and forgive him because I believe Jesus would want that and how could he be wrong.
There are a few poeple in this world I will always hate and would love to go a few rounds with them so I could tear off their head and S*#% down their throat(parden my French)!! Those people would include Osama Bin Ladin, his right hand men, Sadam Hussain, and a few other. I hope God will forgive me for that but those people are pure evil and deserve to die!

Originally posted by SkagSig40
Wow! How can you argue with that!

....but you know what they say 3 strikes and your out!

....but those people are pure evil and deserve to die!

You're right on Chris.

And some people just need killin......

but not over something they've said and then apologized profusely for.:(

You did good with what you said.:)

I considered starting a new post for what I am about to say. Upon reflection I decided to post in this thread. What I have to say is not for everybody, but it is for the hardcore that are still reading about this subject after so many posts. It is probably only they who could follow my disjointed ramblings anyway. By the way, I may use some religious language or quotes in this note. That is not because I am religious. I don¡¯t belong to any religion. It¡¯s just that the best language and many of the great thoughts have been used by those who are religious.

In Nepal, in 1978, in a monastery on a hill, in the library, I found a text. A short text. A poem really. God only knows why I copied it out by hand and took it with me. It was surely not because I understood it. Later I wrote it out carefully and respectfully, and bound it into a little book. That book has been by my side for 25 years, and I still hope to understand it someday. These days there are many copies of this little poem on the web. You can see one at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Ithaca/4886/8stanzas.htm . I will reproduce the short text here. This is not the first time I have put this text on the forum.

Thought Transformation In Eight Stanzas

Blo-sbyong tsig-brgyad-ma

Composed by
Geshe Langri Thang-pa Dorje Senge,
the great spiritual friend of the Kadam tradition,
a disciple of Geshe Potowa, who was in turn a
direct spiritual son of the layman Dromtonpa,
Atisha's closest Tibetan disciple.

Being determined to accomplish
the highest welfare for all beings,
who excel the wish-fulfilling gem,
I shall constantly hold them dear.

When in the company of another
I shall view myself as the lowest of all
and in the depth of my heart
shall hold others dearly, as supreme.

Examining my mental continuum throughout all actions,
as soon as a mental affliction arises,
endangering myself and others,
by facing it I shall strictly avert it.

When faced by a being of wicked nature
who is controlled by violent wrongs and sufferings,
I shall hold this one dear, so hard to find,
as though discovering a precious treasure.

When others, out of jealousy,
treat me badly, with abuse, insults and the like,
I shall accept their hard words
and offer the victory to others.

When someone whom I have assisted
and in whom I have placed great hope
inflicts upon me extremely bad harm,
I shall view that one as my supreme spiritual friend.

In short, I shall offer benefit and bliss to all mothers
in this actual (life) and in the (future) continuum,
and secretly I shall take upon myself
all of the harms and sufferings of my mothers.

Furthermore, having not defiled all this by the stain
of preconceptions of the eight (worldly) feelings
and by perceiving all phenomena as illusory,
free from attachment, I shall be released from bondage.

Translated by Brian Beresford for Wisdom Publications, London.

What is a ¡°being of wicked nature?¡± Some theologians have held that no one seeks evil, but that the choice of evil is a mistake in the quest for good.

Within the past year and a half I had an experience so traumatic and horrible to me that I lost the ability to dream. For many weeks I could only sleep 40 minutes a night. Each night as I approached REM sleep (after about 40 minutes) I would wake up in a pool of sweat with my heart pounding. I would be so charged with adrenaline that I could sleep no more that night. As the weeks turned into months this began to take its toll on me. I lost the ability to concentrate. My moods became more unpredictable. My ability for rational thought decreased, and I began to lose control of my emotions. It was very like a death, as the mental systems I have relied on all my life began shutting down one by one. During this period I unintentionally hurt some of the people closest to me. I did not have malicious intent. I simply lacked the resources to skillfully achieve my goals.

I do not know if I could have pulled out of the situation by myself. I was very concerned because I am the sole support for my two teenaged children. I eventually reached the point of incapacity and non-functionality, where I was no longer going to be able to sustain the rational thought processes needed to function in my profession. It was then that I sought psychiatric help. With the assistance of medications and therapy I was able to reestablish myself on an even keel. Fortunately the period of medication was short, about two months. It did give me the respite needed for my body's natural functions to kick in an begin the healing processes. You do not know what a blessing a nightmare is until you have not been able to have them.

I owe a profound debt to the friends who stood by me through my obnoxious behavior, and had patience with my rudeness. Their kindness in the face of my instability and unskilled bungling was not required by any accepted code of ethics. They helped me to survive what has been the most challenging ordeal of my lifetime so far.

Peace be with you all.

I am not qualified to tell my brothers how to feel, think or lead their lives but I can tell you what I have learned in 70 years of very hard living. If you can forgive you are free. If you cannot you have to carry the load. Think about it.

We all learn different lessons in life. I've been on this earth 55 years. We have a difference of opinion about how to handle certain individuals. Some people only understand broken bones and pain. Logic and debate have no effect on them.

Semp --

I understand your position, Semp, and those who share a like position better than you might think. There is a part of me that feels exactly as you do but I save that part for bigger efforts -- like Hitler, Eichman, Goerman, the guy who was in command of the Bataan death march, and for present day members of the same club -- like Saddam and Osama. I never said I was a good Buddhist.

Thanks for the reminder, Howard. Great story.

Remember 3 striks and u'r outta here!;) We've all made some kind of of mistakes in the past,so let it go for now. Sure,I'm so angry I could spit nails and then some.But what can we really do anyway.The rope has shortened.Remember that saying with enough rope!That is why I started the thread on "GOD BLESS THIS COUNTRY" TO REMIND OURSELVES........ FRANK. :D

Don't hate the pitiful, pity the hateful. One thing I get tired of hearing from folks who share some of the opinions Kendo put forth recently, is that we Americans are "bullies" and "globo-cops". I wasn't around when a previous generation of "globo-cops" put an end to Adolph Hitler's plan for "world peace". But, I was sure as heck a participant back in '91 when we "globo-cops" chased Saddam and his lackeys out of a peaceful neighboring arab country he had brutally invaded. Call us what you like, but when the enemy's at your gate you will call us.

Sarge

the only trouble is polotics got in the way as usual,an the job wasant finished properly. once the military are asked to go in,thats it they should be allowed to do the job without interference till its done.
and yes unfortunatly america is the largest remaining superpower,and as such it is often pushed to the fore in world situations,and other nations and peoples see the usa as bullys,but are always glad of there help when they need it.unfortunatly thats the way of responsability, you cant satisfy everyone you just havre to do whats right.

Yup, Saddam has got to go, preferably in a peaceful and diplomatic process, but if not, then by whatever means necessary. I get ill at people saying we're "picking on him". Here's a man who routinely has people tortured and executed. A man who has no qualms about using poison gas on villages full of women and children. The Iraqi people are not our enemies, the enemy is Saddam and his tyrannical regime. It's my fond hope that by taking him out of the picture the people of Iraq can live in peace and build a better life for themselves. I have nothing against Arabs, or anybody else for that matter, as long as they want to live in peace. I'm a common man, born among common men, and I want what every common man wants, a peaceful and secure life for me and my family. A life where I can worship my God as I see fit, without infringing on the rights of others who worship differently. A life where every stranger is just a friend I haven't had a chance to get to know yet.

But we don't live in that world yet. The enemies of peace are out there. Those who use religion and false nationalism to justify their campaigns of hatred and greed. Good men refrain from violence when they can, but when they have no other choice they will not shirk to defend their country, their loved ones, and their ideals.

Here in the land of the free, and the home of the brave, you will find many good men.

Sarge

I was the jerk off who started the Colin Powel thread, so................. end it and "stfu" please.:(

Sam

Back