Enuff is Enuff

A length of 2.5" is suitable for certain work locations, like some Federal facilities.
I realize it depends on what the max allowable length in a given location is, and that it may be more than 2.5" but,FWIW, the catalog lists the blade lengths of all three versions of the Enuff as 2.75" and the edge lengths at 2.54", so I'm not sure where folks are getting 2.5" from.

Sheepfoot is like a miniature Jumpmaster. Blade lengths in the catalog are correct. Comparison shots with a few popular blades.

Dscn0363.jpg

Dscn0364.jpg

Dscn0365.jpg

Dscn0366.jpg

While I'm not within the demographic intended for the H1 Enuff, for some individuals (commercial fisherman, divers and Kayakers etc.) this could be a godsend. I'd be more apt to purchase the clip point myself, I for one have had excellent luck with Spyderco VG-10. It resist corrosion and has more than serviceable edge retention. The blade is a tad bit short though, and 3 or 3.5 inches or so would suite me a bit better, however that's not the aim of this particular knife. I feel like it's intended to be a sufficient, minimalist fixed blade that isn't too terribly skimpy, and sports a decent set of scales from the factory as well as a nice belt sheath.

While I'm not within the demographic intended for the H1 Enuff, for some individuals (commercial fisherman, divers and Kayakers etc.) this could be a godsend. I'd be more apt to purchase the clip point myself, I for one have had excellent luck with Spyderco VG-10. It resist corrosion and has more than serviceable edge retention. The blade is a tad bit short though, and 3 or 3.5 inches or so would suite me a bit better, however that's not the aim of this particular knife. I feel like it's intended to be a sufficient, minimalist fixed blade that isn't too terribly skimpy, and sports a decent set of scales from the factory as well as a nice belt sheath.
Sal has said, on more than one occasion, that serrated H-1 outperformed any other steel they've CATRA tested in terms of edge retention. So, even if total immunity to rust is not a major plus, if someone is in the market for a serrated blade, and H-1 is available, there's still good reason to choose it. I understand that's not the case with you, just wanted you to be aware that the demographics for serrated H-1 are broader than you may think.

Yeah I've got a FS H1 Ladybug, that will hold an edge almost indefinitely, H1 paired with serrations, is a killer combo (I guess it has to do with the mechanical hardening process), I'm not for certain though if I really need a fully serrated fixed blade at this moment. I might in the future sometime, but then again I'm rethinking serrations in general, and might go for one or something similar.

I just got back from SFO where I picked up the sheepsfoot Enuff. Very cool little knife. I have an ATR and an Endura in spyderedge and this length blade will be perfect. I'll mainly use it while on my motorcycle in case I have to cut fabric quickly, however it just feathered an old folded up paper statement I had laying around. I think I'll really like it.

The sheepsfoot is my favorite blade shape for a utility/work knife. I would like to see it available with a plain edge.

With 2mm blades they'd have been interesting and that I'd probably have bought a couple. With 1mm blades I'd have been all over them. But with 4mm blades, instead of being Enuffs, they're WayTooMuchs.

Exactly

I appreicate the thoughts. The knife was designed to be a small heavy duty outdoor model. I believe that the 4mm thickness better serves the design function of the model than a thinner blade.

sal

On the leaf shaped one, what's the thickness at the shoulder of the edge bevel? just curious as to how thin they were flat ground down to, having a thicker spine isn't a killer only if they were ground down enough, I guess you could always get them reground by someone like Tom K or similar guys that are offering that service...
G2

Thanks Sal, I'll pick one up !!
G2

I realize it depends on what the max allowable length in a given location is, and that it may be more than 2.5" but,FWIW, the catalog lists the blade lengths of all three versions of the Enuff as 2.75" and the edge lengths at 2.54", so I'm not sure where folks are getting 2.5" from.

Regardless, still too short. Tempting though.

Mine just came in the mail today. I really am loving this one right out of the box and am going to take it on a day hike tomorrow. It fits in my hand perfectly and is nice and light. I was surprised how thick the blade is. It does, however, have a slight rattle in the sheath but I am not worried about it falling out or anything. I really hope the sheepsfoot model is made in H1.

I appreicate the thoughts. The knife was designed to be a small heavy duty outdoor model. I believe that the 4mm thickness better serves the design function of the model than a thinner blade.

sal

I must be getting really old, because that makes absolutely no sense to me.

I must be getting really old, because that makes absolutely no sense to me.

Hi Jack,

My concern was to avoid bending or breaking the blade. The handle is quite stout and in my opinion, twisting and prying will surely happen when using the knife. Those activities more easily damage a thinner stock, especially when flat ground.

sal

Like I said, I must be getting really old. One, if my father had seen me twisting or prying with a knife, he'd have slapped me on the back of the head and said "Idiot, that's not a crowbar!" And two, the thicker the blade is, the more likely it is to bind in the cut, so the more likely you are to end up twisting or prying to get it out. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

hehe, I'm getting older every day as well, but my take on this blade is it makes it a bit tougher than say a paring knife, while a paring knife is an exceptional cutter it's not one I'd take and use in a lot of every day cutting chores, being a bit too thin, so this takes some of the worry about harming a smaller blade in tougher situations, you might not literally be prying like with a crowbar but you may do something that might do harm to a thinner blade, but, I'll see how mine is when it arrives next week and report back...
G2

Not all of our customers are as "old" as you are :p ....nor as knife knowledgable. I expect quite a few of these to make it into the outdoor, watersport, survival, rescue, military and diving markets. Some even for SD. Those customers tend to be tough on a knife. Cuting sheetrock is hard on the edge, but your experience keeps the blades intact.

sal

Back