ER Folder Finish

For all of you that are currently breaking in your new ER's: How well does the finish both blade and handle hold up to daily carry and use? Also, how well (smooth) do they open? My sights are set on the MPC, but it is taking me a while to pull the trigger because the cost. I don't doubt the quality, just need a push. Thanks.
There was a great post a while back with pics comparing it to an AR, that cleared up a lot for me.
Semper Fidelis

The finish holds up extremely well. The blade has an uncanny ability to resist scratching. I've had the M.P.C. for awhile now and it still looks no worse for the wear. The same goes for the handle.

I had the fortune of handling the knife before I purchased it and that's what pushed me, and I already had a fixed blade so I knew I was getting a good blade.

Good luck with your purchase. :)

Hey Marine!

I have carried a M.P.C. now for almost a year (it is marked PROTO). It has fallen off my truck bed at 60+ mph, lost for two weeks in the lake (dived for 4 days to find it!), and I use it HARD everyday...just to see what it can take. It shows some wear but not even close to what it has been thru. You will not be sorry!

Stay Safe

Uh.....I'm nowhere near as rough as Frank, LOL, but I can say that after having accidentally left my MPC in the trunk toolkit during a recent highway jaunt, despite being bounced around on rough Ohio winter roads with various uncoated metal tools inside the box, the handle shows no wear, no dings.

Tuff stuff.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Edit, mis-spelling.

Originally posted by ExtremaRatioUSA
Hey Marine!

I have carried a M.P.C. now for almost a year (it is marked PROTO). It has fallen off my truck bed at 60+ mph, lost for two weeks in the lake (dived for 4 days to find it!), and I use it HARD everyday...just to see what it can take. It shows some wear but not even close to what it has been thru. You will not be sorry!

Stay Safe

Hey Frank, any serious rusting (blade and other hardware, pivot, etc.) from the dunk? N690 seems to be some pretty serious stuff.

-Brian

Back