ESEE-3 Folder pototype photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, that's a good point. If we go against our philosophy on this folder and let the Italians make it, but offer the same warranty as we would a USA product, how many people are going to get their feelings hurt?

I made a similar point in "that" CRK thread. This knife, it's not going to matter where it's built. It will kick ass, just like ESEE fixed blades, just like Lionsteel's other knives, just like the HEST folder.

People argue that it's a tool, use it etc. etc. Same holds true. I'd be proud to own the ESEE folder and even more proud if it was made by Lionsteel.

*I do like the Rotolock though :D

I made a similar point in "that" CRK thread. This knife, it's not going to matter where it's built. It will kick ass, just like ESEE fixed blades, just like Lionsteel's other knives, just like the HEST folder.

People argue that it's a tool, use it etc. etc. Same holds true. I'd be proud to own the ESEE folder and even more proud if it was made by Lionsteel.

*I do like the Rotolock though :D

Apreciate the input!

It's been several pages without more teasing folder pics....:D

Jeff/Mike...post a couple of more pics, please? Folded and if possible next to a 3 for visual?

It's been several pages without more teasing folder pics....:D

Jeff/Mike...post a couple of more pics, please? Folded and if possible next to a 3 for visual?

esee-3-folder-proto7.jpg

esee-3-folder-proto8.jpg

Ok, not trying to be a pain, just make a small suggestion. I do see one thing I would change. The thumb stud looks like it is in the way of the sharpening angle for those of us who like to use stones. If it was placed right behind the sharpening choil it would be perfect, and with the closed pics, it looks like that would work out just fine? It looks to be only about a 1/8-1/4" back farther. Either way I want one, but it would make it easier to sharpen. (New spots in red)

That's a great looking folder. The blade to handle ratio looks amazing. It looks really compact in the pic where its folded and sitting in your hand.

Ok, not trying to be a pain, just make a small suggestion. I do see one thing I would change. The thumb stud looks like it is in the way of the sharpening angle for those of us who like to use stones. If it was placed right behind the sharpening choil it would be perfect, and with the closed pics, it looks like that would work out just fine? It looks to be only about a 1/8-1/4" back farther. Either way I want one, but it would make it easier to sharpen. (New spots in red)

Sorry, but that wouldnt work, because thumb stud would hit bottom of the handle, when opening and closing the knife.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that wouldnt work, because thumb stud would hit bottom of the handle, when opening and closing the knife.

Would a removable thumbstud be possible?

EDIT:
Also, if it was possible to be removed, the hole left in the blade could be perfect for a ziptie wave!

Gianni said it can be made with a removable thumb stud. So, let Mike and I discuss the pros and cons of that. Right off the bat, I don't see an issue except for IDIOTS removing it just becasue they can then losing parts :D

Gianni said it can be made with a removable thumb stud. So, let Mike and I discuss the pros and cons of that. Right off the bat, I don't see an issue except for IDIOTS removing it just becasue they can then losing parts :D

A double thumb stud like the one on it now could work as a Chicago screw with the "off" side that your thumb doesn't use most often has a slot milled in it to accept a flat screwdriver to tighten the thumbstud down.

Too many things these days are made with the idiot quotent in mind, but a fixed thumbstud is a minor thing if it ends up being done that way.

A double thumb stud like the one on it now could work as a Chicago screw with the "off" side that your thumb doesn't use most often has a slot milled in it to accept a flat screwdriver to tighten the thumbstud down.

Too many things these days are made with the idiot quotent in mind, but a fixed thumbstud is a minor thing if it ends up being done that way.

Agreed.

At first i wasn't too crazy about this folder, but after seeing it closed I will definitely be getting one. Far too many folders are not smoothly set into the handle, ie the endura, where you have that horrible space between the end of the blade near the pivot and the handle. It's a fairly minor issue, but I can't seem to get over it.

We are just waiting on Mr. Clean to help us with what engravings to put on it on the final production run.

HAHAHAH, just saw this ya jackass.

You could put a babboons ass on it and it'll sell. :D

Like I said though, I like your logo, minus the wording. Etch it into the blade ya know, make it kinda small, leave the rest of the knife logo-less.

I like torx, I dunno about the G10 handle though but there's not much else to use. Ranger green as the standard would be nice though. Or maybe the ESEE gray micarta?

The thumb studs I think are fine, not sure I'd put in a removable option just for praticality and one more thing to break.

Any idea about steel though? M4 would be awesome, 1095 would be awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back