Recommendation? ESEE 4 & Izula II carry options?

Hey guys. I have the older esee 4 kydex sheath which I like but I'd like to carry it horizontally on my belt. I wear a 1.5" belt. I know of Tek Lok but was wondering what other options I have that are known to work.

I also have an esee izula ii. I'd like a new sheath that I can also carry horizontally. I know of armatus sheaths, wondering what other good options are out there. I don't like the little buttons that retain the knife in the stock sheath and don't want to spend the money to convert it to horizontal carry.

Thank you!

I carry my Izula II horizontal with leather straps that attach to the ESEE plastic sheath, it's made by Sagewood Gear; fits a 1.5" belt.

It's called Scout Straps $19.95 (Kydex Sheath Adapters) on their website:

www.sagewoodgear.com

Last edited:
I found those as well but would like to get away from the plastic sheath. I don't like how it retains the knife. I can see the nubs wearing but it also retains the knife too much. I like the retention of kydex. Thank you though!

I found those as well but would like to get away from the plastic sheath. I don't like how it retains the knife. I can see the nubs wearing but it also retains the knife too much. I like the retention of kydex. Thank you though!
Track down a custom kydex maker. Thats pretty much where you’re at.

You can get online and order the belt clip and screws for an X26 Taser holster and mount it to the izula sheath to where it’s carried horizontally. A detective at my deptartment did exactly that. Very cool carry. The clip is made to fit a 2 1/4” police duty belt so it’ll fit any normal belt but it clamps down tight so it won’t be flopping around at all. An added bonus of this is you can put it on or take it off without removing your belt AND the belt clip has a built in lock to keep it from coming loose on accident. At least, the ones we’re issued are that way.

Would you be able to find it since you know what you're looking for lol. I see a bunch of holsters for your x26 but don't know which specifically you're referring to. But thank you! I'm not keen on the stock sheath but for now if it's a cheap clip I'll order it.

Back