Esee 5 pass around reviews only

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

Ok so I haven't cooked yet with it, but already loving how nimble it is for such a brute. I batonned through a bunch of deck scraps, maple tree branches. Cooking up next. I'm loving it so far.

You can move this out later, however whoever is before me on the list, skip me and send to the next person. I had to close down my business last week and will not be spending a lot of time in the state. The box could end up sending a lot of time sitting on my porch.

Thank you,

Hill

ESEE 5 review! in HD ;)

[youtube]CC4xYVOKo3M[/youtube]

one thing i can say is the coating held up EXTREMELY well, this is by far the best coating i have seen on a knife PERIOD :thumbup:

the serrations are also very nice, easy to sharpen, and perform very well.

here are some action pics:

the 5 made fuzz sticks very well
(sorry for the out of focus pic)
securedownload-1.jpg

battoning was a breeze! (also my first time battoning)
securedownload-2.jpg

see that "wedge" action? .25" blade + saber grind = great wedge :D
securedownload-3.jpg

and the last battoning pic
securedownload-4.jpg

an "in hand" shot of the 5
securedownload-6.jpg

all in all i think the 5 is a great urban survival blade, it took everything i could throw at it and kept asking for more :D

i highly recommend it :thumbup:
securedownload-5.jpg

Knife was big and heavy I think it is a cross between a knife and a crowbar

First off this knife reminded me of the Glock. Edges on the handle were a bit too sharp. They could be more rounded.

I now know why this type of design was selected (sabre ground thick blade) The wood I was batoning just blew apart.

I was batoning some pretty thick stuff.

Gave a try on some fat wood.

Here are some side by sides

With a BK&T Camillus BK-10 Which was the closest I have.

Here is what it would look like in the family

The sheath it came with it packs the weight of the knife well.

Wish all EESE Knives came with kydex sheaths

I did not get a chance to use the bow drill divot. As a survival Knife I can see this as a great benefit

At first I thought that this knife was way too heavy. But after using it I came to really appreciate the design. I will give a :thumbup::thumbup:
And can see one in my collection in the future.

Last edited:
The ESEE 5 is a manly mans knife. (No offense Sadie)

When I got it, it was already well loved. Having passed through many hands, all of which used it hard.

The knife was no worse for wear, which says a lot about ESEE knives in general. They really are tools you can depend on.

I went out in the woods with the ESEE 5 and a little digital camera. The intent was to take a couple videos showing the 5 do work. I managed to get some video, but my cameras battery didn't allow me as much as I would have liked.

Insert video:

http://youtu.be/ur6YhTNqFm8

[youtube]ur6YhTNqFm8[/youtube]

Some pictures:

IMGP0652.jpg

IMGP0646.jpg

The ESEE 5 performed very well in the woods. It was capable of smaller more delicate tasks, and really excelled at batoning. There isn't much you could do that would even phase this knife.

Last edited:
My last day with the knife, I got to try something a little more "urban".

Insert video:

http://youtu.be/QS1y62qgylI

[youtube]QS1y62qgylI[/youtube]

After my fun with the knife, I decided to clean it up a little bit, and put a new edge on it.

DSC_2012.jpg

DSC_2013.jpg

DSC_2017.jpg

DSC_2016.jpg

The results of "urban carnage":

DSC_2014.jpg

A couple of in hand shots:

DSC_2022.jpg

DSC_2021.jpg

Overall, I was very impressed with this knife. It is a little heavier/thicker than the knives that I usually buy. I can say however, after my short time with the knife, that it is a must have. It is at the top of my short list.

As anyone who owns an ESEE product would be happy to tell you, they make great knives. No question. The ESEE 5 is no exception. It's an overbuilt tank, and you must go buy one. :D

Last edited:
I have Talk with Shotty and what we hashed out ,we narrowed it down to the top 3 ,then compared the 3 against each other and the winner is ..........

Congratulations Adaman!!

Well done!!

After playing with the passaround ESEE 5, I went right out and got myself a brand new

one!

I just have to beat this one like we beat the passaround 5!

(I've got my work cut out for me.)

Thanks again TTD, Mike and Jeff!

Back