1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

ESEE Collaboration knife (fantasy)

Discussion in 'ESEE KNIVES' started by a.l.hare, Feb 3, 2011.

1. a.l.hare

a.l.hare

Sep 16, 2008
    ESEE has done a collaboration with the Eskabar, so I got to thinking...what if there was a ESEE/Hinderer love child...ROWEN 1095 with an ESEE warranty. It's a mix of ESEE-3, Izula II, and a Hinderer spanto blade. Please excuse the picture (camera phone) and drawing (freehand and mentally slow). Never gonna happen, but I want one anyway...Enjoy.

Alan

Attached Files:

2. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
    I like the general shape of the thing, but I'd rather have it with a full flat grind. That's just me though.

3. Hkk

Hkk

Jul 1, 2010
    I'd buy one looks good

4. SeanGCO

SeanGCO

Sep 27, 2008
    Grab a slab of steel man!

5. wolffbite

wolffbite

May 7, 2010
    I'll agree with CRR on the FFG. Or at least, make the grind line a bit higher (like how the junglas is ALMOST FFG).

Maybe I missed it, but what thickness would you be thinking?

6. adaman04

adaman04

Jun 9, 2009
    Blade shape looks very similar to a Buck Alpha Hunter.

7. a.l.hare

a.l.hare

Sep 16, 2008
    Either 3/16 like the 4 or .156 like the Izula

8. mielton

mielton

Apr 27, 2009
    These sketches have nothing to do with the thread but im just throwing it out here.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  9. turbo-henrik

turbo-henrik

May 23, 2010
    last ones here looks like something entrek or bladesystems would come up with. sorry man, not my cup of tea ;) Looks to be a decent chopper though

10. a.l.hare

a.l.hare

Sep 16, 2008
    If I could I would... I have a feeling it would turn out more like a modern art piece. :eek: .....or a pre-school "art" project. Come to think of it, I think a ESEE/Playskool collaboration would be perfect for all the little ones (and maybe some of the big ones too :D).

11. wgrabia

wgrabia

May 23, 2010
    that is gorgeous. amazing shape!!!

12. a.l.hare

a.l.hare

Sep 16, 2008
    I don't know if you're talking to me or mielton...but if it's me, thank you

Of course, I can't actually take the credit...it's really just a mash-up of other people's hard work.

Alan

13. kfgk14

kfgk14

Jun 18, 2010
    Collaboration, you say?
    Himalayan industries and ESEE is the answer. Give me the 13" blade ESEE-made Junglas-HEST-khukuri combo (forget that little notch for running off the blood of my enemies, I want a bottle opener). Junglas-esque handle and blade thickness and a khuk blad shape and you've got one hell of a short machete/chopper/camp knife/portable guillotine. Just give it a strap-spine (? Technical term?) kydex sheath too, and that rowen HT. you'll sell them lik hotcakes. I want two.
    (ETA: Mielton is close, but the blade could use a few inches for the heavy chopper/machete function, IMHO)

Cmon, I can dream!

14. caine

caine

Nov 9, 2003
    Jeff needs to get with his AL brother Walter Brend and make something

15. Decklin

Decklin

Oct 19, 2010
    I have to say I really like what you have come up with. I am a big fan of drop points and the size of the knife I like as well. I can say I could do without the swedge, and opt for a standard blade / spine throughout. If I was going to draw up a dream knife it would not be far from what you have there.

16. Longtrang

Longtrang Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2010
    I would like to see an Al Mar, ESEE collaboration. The ESEE S.E.R.E. knife would be the only one in my back pack.

17. indian4

indian4

Oct 8, 2009
    OP, might want to take a gander at the Fletcher Bush Operator. Just sayin...

[​IMG]

18. Decklin

Decklin

Oct 19, 2010
    Thats a good lookin knife...