ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna bet you're on to something with your find there. I do wish things would stay here on BF, but Jeff has his reasons I'm sure.

I'll wait til this all plays out before I form any opinions on it. Very surprising though given how active the ESEE forum was.

I'm with you, I'm curious as to what happened but I'm not mad at anyone, just disappointed it's not here.

Looking on the "bright" side, with the ESEE forum closed I won't hear about new ESEE knifes that I'd just end up spending money on.

I hope they keep the contests going regardless of what happens. I love learning new skills from them.

Jeff Randall said:
I'm basically tried of the mega forums that seem to draw a lot of argument, debate and people wearing their heart on their sleeves. There will be none of that here as this forum becomes active and builds membership. We are not looking to be the largest forum on the block. We simply desire to have a "campfire" setting with a few serious people that actually get out and use their gear, whether in a work capacity or for pleasure. The forums are open to discussion on all types of gear, equipment and knives, regardless of the manufacturer. We simply ask that your posts be from experiences and use.

Jeff
From http://www.jungletraining.com/forums...ead.php?t=4384
I think that sums it up.

Personally I really hope the ESEE sub-forum re-opens. I have no interest in sifting through a million 'I love my Izula' threads in general.

I completely understand why Randall wants his new forum. However, I think it is rather rude to close the ESEE forums here in addition to that.

Im kind of suprised it got shut down without any notice, no thread or announcement. Gotta respect that Jeff didn't advertise his forum and try and get people moving over there.

There are over 70 people right now on the closed ESEE forum...

A true testament to how popular it is. ;)

Interesting. Jeff is a stand up dude, I'm sure it will reveal soon enough. But it's odd that they just flipped the switch like that.

Until then, ESEE Jonestown Cultists Unite!

24ytpid.jpg

blws9.jpg

33v0qid.jpg

np3vkh.jpg

fa6235.jpg

2nog3k.jpg

Ugh, I just hate that we have to be in the General Forum now.

It just feels wrong.

It's like being evicted and now we have to stand in the bread line with the homeless.

No offense to the homeless. :)

I'll be back when sanity prevails.

Seems like a dumb idea when this site is such good advertising for the knives.

What you have to understand about Jeff and Mike though from what I gathered in the roughly small 7 months I got to spend in the ESEE forums is that they could care less whether they sell one knife or one thousand....they're just really down to earth guys.

I understand the choice to go elsewhere, but I can't say I totally agree with it either(won't bother here...I'll just say what's on my mind to Jeff directly).

It seems like things got a little "different" after the Shot Show this year and I think I "sorta" understand the choice Jeff has made.

Part of the price of a gain in popularity is that you're going to have the doofus factor go up and get an influx of mall ninjas and guys with beer bellys, shaved heads and goatees who never do more than fondle their ESEE knife while sitting on the couch watching TV thinking what tough guys they are. I saw a huge spike in that after the Shot Show...and quite honestly it's why I became a bit less active in the ESEE forum...it got annoying to me. So from that perspective....I truly do understand. I'm not saying that's what Jeff is thinking....I don't know the man...I can only speculate and read between the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back