ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to eliminate drama they close the forum in a very dramatic way??

Well now with Mikes information on the other forum it makes sense and it makes sense as to why a "reason" wasnt posted here.

Good for them.

I want my money back!

Why would they close the forum? I think they are sick of people posting threads about how they cant figure out how to start a fire ! Or they are just too:cool:

ESEE legacy pictures

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

Nice pics Bushman5; and it's nice to see someone else using a real fire steel. :thumbup: I'm still working on my technique.
I'm usually successful when the conditions are juuust right. :D

As for the closing....it's disappointing, but I understand after reading the explanation.

This must be the signal I needed that I spend too much time on the internet. Time to get out on the farm, get some real work done, and tell the "intra-web" to f**k off. If I need to know how to do something, I'll figure it out myself. I have knives, guns and a tractor. And a fertile wife. What else do you need?!

I mean this seriously. Isn't it funny how everything gets pinned to the top of the forums but nobody sees it?

Who reads instructions?;)

Just click on the register button and viola!

When I read why, I understood perfectly, those auto-registering comment spammers are a real PITA.

I'm going to nip some of this in the bud: I did not suggest closing the forum, we were asked to shut it down.

The posters who mentioned "if we did it for some, we'd have to do it for all" are 100% correct. The ones who mentioned a cantina style subforum should pat themselves on the back: I suggested this earlier today. My suggestion was rebuffed. I was asked to close the forum down, and did so prior to going home and I've been out with my family since.

I just got back home and am catching up on this situation. I didn't have any problems with ESEE prior to this, but I am not happy with the way this has been handled (to put it mildly). There was no reason to draw lines in the sand over this situation, but that was out of my hands.

I'm going to nip some of this in the bud: I did not suggest closing the forum, we were asked to shut it down.

The posters who mentioned "if we did it for some, we'd have to do it for all" are 100% correct. The ones who mentioned a cantina style subforum should pat themselves on the back: I suggested this earlier today. My suggestion was rebuffed. I was asked to close the forum down, and did so prior to going home and I've been out with my family since.

I just got back home and am catching up on this situation. I didn't have any problems with ESEE prior to this, but I am not happy with the way this has been handled (to put it mildly). There was no reason to draw lines in the sand over this situation, but that was out of my hands.

Thanks for chiming in, Spark. :)

Spark, I know my opinion means jack in the grand scheme of things, but I wanted to comment on the "cantina" you mentioned. I have spent almost all my time in the ESEE forum since my registration. The reason for that was the community they have formed. We have talked about everything from knives, to packs, starting a fire, and so on. It's been that way since my first memory of the forum. It's more than a knife company. They're survival experts who teach this information.

To have that taken away now, seems counterproductive in the grand-scheme. There is a root problem here. Is the root-problem the fact that it's always been that way? Or that someone believes it needed to be changed after all this time? Find and fix the problem, not try and fix something that was never broken.

Spark can you clarify which "situation" you are referring to?

Thanks,

-Freq

Spark, I know my opinion means jack in the grand scheme of things, but I wanted to comment on the "cantina" you mentioned. I have spent almost all my time in the ESEE forum since my registration. The reason for that was the community they have formed. We have talked about everything from knives, to packs, starting a fire, and so on. It's been that way since my first memory of the forum. It's more than a knife company. They're survival experts who teach this information.

To have that taken away now, seems counterproductive in the grand-scheme.
There is a root problem here. Is the root-problem the fact that it's always been that way? Or that someone believes it needed to be changed after all this time? Find and fix the problem, not try and fix something that was never broken.

agreed!

I'd bet it was just too much trouble for them to maintain their forum and hey, it's not like they don't have enough business now... They'd probably have to hire on at least one new person just to handle their forum. Its a lot of work to read all those posts and make sure people are behaving. *edit* I just re-read that and it seems like I'm being sarcastic about the work it takes, but I'm not.

Seemed like outsiders didn't have any place there as well. I posted that I got my first ESEE knife and got a ton of flak from the old heads. Odd, usually people in manufacturer forums are glad to share their brand with someone new...

Maybe they just got tired of people being rude... isn't that why we go out camping and day-hiking, to get away from jackasses?

Last edited:
Reading between the lines, it appears to me that the situation is that the owners of BF would like to keep the discussion in the knife related areas knife oriented.
HI has a Cantina where the good folks interested in that company can post non-knife related subject matter in a brand specific communal setting.
This would be even more ideal for ESEE, since so much of what ESEE is about is already tangential to the actual knives themselves.
It could be linked to their knife manufacturer forum and we ESEE fans could go there any time to discuss our bug out bags ad infinitum.
I for one am very fond of the ESEE folder, shame to see them go (interesting too, that the most engaging discussions there are often of the non-knife related variety).
But after being here a while I can see how order must prevail in order to prevent BF from degenerating into an abject shit show.
Too bad to see this situation going down in such a rough manner.
Discussion and compromise are key in good relationships.

pete

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back