• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Esteem 2x72 Belt grinder

Hey guys so I finished another batch of grinder last week and have a couple left. I was hoping to get another grinder posted here sooner but I got swamped after the last one I posted. This time around I decided to have the grinders professionally powder coated at no extra cost to the customer. Let me tell you the results are amazing. I wish I would have done this along time ago its way tougher then the paint that was used before and so far the feed back I have gotten is great. I also decided (thanks to another forum member) that it was time to make a 1.5" tooling arm model.(Same as KMG) So now I can cater to the guys that already have a KMG and wish to use there existing tooling with the Esteem grinder. In the past I had made them to interchange with the Bader/TW-90 1.25" tool arms only.

I would like to say to the guys that don't know my work that I take just as much pride in these grinders as I do my knives and hold all the processes involved in building the Esteem too high tolerance’s and the results are rewarded by excellent repeatable tracking and smooth/quite operation. The Esteem is machined with the use of a manual Bridgeport milling machine in my home shop and the drive and tracking wheels are made at a local machine shop on a cnc lathe.
I have done ever thing I can to make the Esteem a grinder that more affordable then other grinders in it class and make them better at the same time. According to my customers I have seceded buy along shot.

(1).Complete frame with tracking wheel and 6”drive wheel.
(2) 5/16 thick steel base plate.
(3) One 1.25” solid cold rolled steel combination tooling arm these are drilled and reamed to either .5" or .75" depending on your choice
(5). Your choice of a 8" contact wheel or Bader style platen
(6).One fully adjustable work rest made from 1/2" cold rolled.
(7). 2hp 3ph1800rpm C-face Toolmex motor
(6). 2hp Teco nema1 variable Speed drive (requires 220 single phase input)

Package as described is $1450

(1).Complete frame with tracking wheel and 6”drive wheel.
(2) 5/16 thick steel base plate.
(3) One 1.25” solid cold rolled steel combination tooling arm these are drilled and reamed to either .5" or .75" depending on your choice
(5). Your choice of a 8" contact wheel or Bader style platen
(6).One fully adjustable work rest made from 1/2" cold rolled.
(7). 1.5 or 2hp 3ph1800rpm C-face Toolmex motor
(6). KBAC-27 nema4 variable Speed drive (1.5hp 110v/220v) or (2hp 220v)

[SIZE=Package as described is $1650[/SIZE]

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks!

Brett

brettandmira@gmail.com

DSCN1663.jpg

DSCN1665.jpg

DSCN1695.jpg

DSCN1698.jpg

Brett

brettandmira@gmail.com

Guys,

I just want to put my $.02 cents in here.

I got my Esteem in from Brett last week and it is top notch-solid and a GREAT machine. I love it so much my KMG is now my backup and used for small wheels-lock up only.

Brett is as good as they come and his works speaks highly of character.

Do not hesitate....you will soon be buying #2...as I am soon to be doing:D

Insane respect, Brett...she drives smooth!!!

Chris

Last edited:
Here you go Eric. The work rest is simple but very effective in multiple set up's. I will also be drilling the top of the tool arm so you can use the rest parilal to the platen or wheel. This will be very handy. If I guy does not like this style I can provide one that is more like the fixed KMG style.

Thanks Chris I will be sending you out one of these rest's with your small wheel attachemnt as I think they are better then the one you got.

DSCN1713.jpg

DSCN1712.jpg

DSCN1711.jpg

Thanks Brett, looks very functional.
I am saving for a LG Power hammer at the moment but will be looking for a grinder just after that. I will defiantly keep this in mind.

Your a rockstar, Brett...hell yea! The little work rest is solid...but that thing looks rite up my alley. Cant wait to get them bro!

Here you go Eric. The work rest is simple but very effective in multiple set up's. I will also be drilling the top of the tool arm so you can use the rest parilal to the platen or wheel. This will be very handy. If I guy does not like this style I can provide one that is more like the fixed KMG style.

Thanks Chris I will be sending you out one of these rest's with your small wheel attachemnt as I think they are better then the one you got.

DSCN1713.jpg

DSCN1712.jpg

DSCN1711.jpg

Hi Brett, your grinder looks great as well a real value.
i`d like to know what options are availble, the cost of additional attachments ( small wheel ,8in contact wheel)as i would order it with the platen

Im also intrested in the extra cost as well. Ive been eyeballing the Pheer grinder but yours is looking real nice!

Hey guys no problem here you go.

1. Small wheel attachment use's Bader wheels is $90 (Not supplied with wheels)

2. Platen $158

3. 8" Contact wheel is $135 this include's 1/2" shaft for mount wheel to tool arm.

4. Extra 1.25" tooling arm is $80

Those look great. I will keep you in mind for my next grinder. Motor base looks much more stable than the one on the Pheer that I got.

I received my grinder from Brett this week (with the KBAC 110V, platen, and 8in contact wheel) and finally had the time to set it up yesterday (I think that's actually mine pictured :p) . Being my first 2x72 grinder, I had considered other options like the Pheer, GIB, and KMG fpr a long time, but went with his... and boy am I glad I did.

Setting it up was quick and easy, took maybe an hour tops. Hardest part was opening and unwrapping all of the parts (and figuring out that I had the top of the tool arm slot upside-down, but lets not talk about that, lol). No fiddling with finding a motor or wiring up a VFD... everything is some cut tape and a handful of Allen bolts from ready to go. Spent the entire night grinding on it, and it was an absolute pleasure to use. It is rock solid and well built... not to mention better looking than most other grinders I've seen. Everything fits perfectly and flush... feels like one solid hunk of metal. He doesn't lie when he says it's built like a tank, and if you're like me, I like my tools to look and feel like they're indestructible. This definitely fits that description. Runs smooth and quiet. Simply put, it is an absolute steal at the price he sells them for.

As for Brett, I second what Chris says. Simply put, he's a great guy and great to deal with. I was interested in the last one he posted, but it had already sold. He had mine ready in just a couple of weeks; a lot faster turnaround than any of the other grinders, let alone much else. He even honored the lower price he had quoted for the last one. I was updated all along the way of the progress of my grinder, which did happen to include some "bad news:" the platen was delayed, so he would be powder coating the grinder during the delay for no extra charge. I wish all bad news was this good, the powder coat turned out awesome. He was quick to answer any questions I had via PMs. Gave him a call for the first time yesterday when I was setting it up (not sure why I didn't earlier, haha), and he talked me through what I had left of the assembly, answered some questions I had, and a little bit of random chit chat. It's really nice knowing you can call and get a real person, especially someone who genuinely cares about his product and his customer.

Anyways, can't say enough good things about both the grinder and Brett. Very satisfied customer here. Thanks again man!

Mike

Still want to come out and take a look sometime Brett. It's my busy season, and it looks to me you've been busy as well. I'll take you up on that offer someday, if it still stands. Can always use a lesson on how to grind a better blade.

Thanks, Todd

I got the grinder Brett had on the forums a couple of weeks ago. In fact, it may very well be the one pictured in the 4th picture above, with the black VFD box.

It is indeed built like a tank. It runs quiet and smooth, and with very little vibration. Setup was straightforward as well, requiring only some SAE allen wrenches and a crescent wrench. The tooling arm moves easy, and lockup is tight, without requiring an air hammer to hold adjustments. All the little details such as countersinking and powdercoating makes for an impressive machine.

I've contacted Brett for help, and he's been excellent at getting back to me and ensuring my satisfaction. Needless to say I can recommend him for your grinder purchase.

I got the grinder Brett had on the forums a couple of weeks ago. In fact, it may very well be the one pictured in the 4th picture above, with the black VFD box.

It is indeed built like a tank. It runs quiet and smooth, and with very little vibration. Setup was straightforward as well, requiring only some SAE allen wrenches and a crescent wrench. The tooling arm moves easy, and lockup is tight, without requiring an air hammer to hold adjustments. All the little details such as countersinking and powdercoating makes for an impressive machine.

I've contacted Brett for help, and he's been excellent at getting back to me and ensuring my satisfaction. Needless to say I can recommend him for your grinder purchase.

Thanks Larry, I do try my best to make the best product I can. The extra time I take with the fine detail's is worth it in my eyes and would not have it any other way.

Todd, You are welcome anytime you would like to come by. Just give me a call when your ready.

Does the platten come with a 3/4" shaft? What are the measurements from the center of the shaft to the top and to the bottom. I'm wondering if it could cork on a square wheel grinder.
Thanks, Joe

Man those are great looking units! Have you thought about or is there an option for reversing rotation of the motor? Seems to be optional on the Nema 4 VFD. Apologies if I missed any info on that.

pjwoolw, Thank you as for reversing the motor that option is built into the Teco vfd with no extras needed. The KBAC-27 would just require a single switch installed into the vfd. No biggie at all.

JA Yes 3/4" I will get you that measurement in a little bit but Im sure it will not fit the SW as it is a much longer platen

Thanks Guys!

UPDATE: JA it 7.5" from center to center

Last edited:
Back