1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ettrick blade

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by RMO, Jul 12, 2019.

1. RMO

RMO

Aug 14, 2009
    Just a quick question is an Ettrick blade and a wharncliffe blade the same. They certainly look alike.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    They can be straight or curved. Ettrick is the designation of the pattern (handle and blade design), not just the blade shape. There have been variations, discussed in this thread.

3. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    That's what I love about this place. I'm always learning new stuff.
    Been a little slow here lately.
    Thanks guys ! ! !

Heck, turns out I even sort of have one . . . sort of . . . my Case Swayback with the Wharncliffe blade.

Chui likes this.
  4. rckymtdave

rckymtdave

Mar 1, 2009
    Got my first Sheffield knife recently. I've been told this is an "Ettrick" knife. It's very comfortable in the hand and makes a good apple peeling knife and pruning knife as well.

[​IMG]

5. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    - yes, I wonder @Wowbagger which came first, the Swayback or Ettrick........I’d suggest the latter