Eugene, Oregon Knife Show

eisman

Gold Member
The annual Oregon Knife Collectors Show in Eugene is coming fast. 13&14 APRIL. This is one of the best shows anywhere, and the largest pure knife show I know of not counting Blade. It's larger than the Blade West show was last year, so it should be on everyone's radar.

The "traditional" crowd usually meets, but anybody with an interest should come. You can find threads from past shows...

See you there!

I go every other year. It is a 6-8 hr drive for me and worth it. Great people and you will get to meet and greet some industry folks that are nice and great to talk with. My sons and meeting Sal Glesser from Spyderco was a highlight. Go !

Best knife show anywhere. You can count on Sal Glesser being there and many other industry people will be walking the floor. This year is the annual meeting of the American Bowie Knife collector's Association so there will be some outstanding historical blades on display too.

Hmm, I’m interested. I just moved to bend and I’m 2.5 hours away. Does anyone know how the mountain passes are in April?

From Bend? You should be OK. Snow should be done for this year.

Would like to go but it's right b4 tax filing time (I only file on the date it's due) and I just got a jury notice for 4/8. So, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it. :(

I didn’t realize it was that big. Might have to drive down from Portland. It’s my birthday weekend, so I’ve already had it blocked out from work. Thank you for the thread.

People I've seen in past years include Tim Wegner (Blade-tech), Ron Lake, Bernard Levine, Sal Glesser, the crew from Case, and GEC, a couple dozen local custom guys usually including Salem Straub and Tim Haburn, some of the crew from various forums, it's a lot of fun.

Man... This is really, really tempting. I had no idea it was such a large event.

It's about a five hour drive for us, but I'm thinking of heading down there anyways and calling it a Birthday trip.

Man... This is really, really tempting. I had no idea it was such a large event.

It's about a five hour drive for us, but I'm thinking of heading down there anyways and calling it a Birthday trip.

There are so many knife manufacturers in Oregon I'm not surprised their show would be so big.

I am sure there are more, but aren't the following all based in Oregon?

ZT
Benchmade
CRKT

And Idaho is right next door which is where CRK is.

Last edited:
There are so many knife manufacturers in Oregon I'm not surprised there show would be so big.

I am sure there are more, but aren't the following all based in Oregon?

ZT
Benchmade
CRKT

And Idaho is right next door which is where CRK is.

That's a good point. Gerber and Leatherman are there too, to go along with Kershaw, Benchmade, and CRKT.

I'm actually kind of interested in the Gerber Fastball. First time I've been interested in a Gerber in forever. I imagine they'll have one on display in Eugene. :)

I had better make the trip down from pdx this year. Good reminder, thanks for the thread!

Back