ever have an eye stye lanced?

I have this eye stye on my lower lid for 6 weeks now. It doesnt hurt, but it also wont go away. Did anyone ever have to go and get it lanced or do they just go away. ;)

Most styes go away on there own. I've had them lanced and lanced my own. Commonly a doctor will prescribe some opthalmic neosporin. I developed sort of a permanent swollen area on my eyelid a couple years ago. I had that taken off by an opthalmologist with as sort of hot wire gadget. That was a bit nerve racking, but relatively painless and quick to heal.

Hot, salty water compresses- hold them on the eye as long as possible (hours/maybe a day or two). This will draw the stye. Don't rush.
They will eventually come to a head- lance if/when necessary & the go w/ the Neosporin. Wash your face.

Yep, warm compresses. Never tried salt ones tough.

It gets boring really fast, so if you want to learn how son -song, or something with one eye, now would be a good time to get to it. ;)

A couple I know had several cats, one of which was black. The Mexican couple next door came over and asked to borrow the black one for a few minutes. They said their son had a stye they wanted to treat. Some kind of folk cure I guess. Dont know how it all worked out.

It might be a cyst. You should go to an eye doctor before it gets infected.

ever come back? And what part of the cat did they use? Some parts would be worse than others!

Cheers, Acolyte.

Sure, the cat was fine. The couple loaned it with the stipulation that it would not be harmed. Mexican folk healers are called curanderos. I believe they are big on various herbs. I am not going to dismiss the whole folk cure thing but if I were Vermont Woodsman I would see a doctor with a pharmaceutical FDA approved black cat.

You know you get stye`s from pee`ing on the side of the road.

That said I have a stye, but have no intention of not peeing on the side of the road again.

So I`ll live with the one I have, sort of like damage control :D

Vermont woodsman said:
ever have an eye stye lanced?
I have this eye stye on my lower lid for 6 weeks now. It doesnt hurt, but it also wont go away. Did anyone ever have to go and get it lanced or do they just go away. ;)
Yeah, I have. I had what is called a borderline cyst on my eyelid and ever time I blinked it was pure misery. I finally went to an opthalmologist, took off work in the middle of the day, on an emergency basis.
They strapped me down to the table, ran a needle longwise through my eyelid, felt like a long way, to deaden it and then lanced it. The needle hurt like a sumbeetch!!!!
But when they were done all the pain was gone. Felt scratchy for a few days until the swelling all went down and then good as new.
If it's just a stye you can wipe a gold ring over it and usually that will pop it and without pain. I've done several that way.

You need to quit peeing in paths. My grandpa told me that's what caused them.
I tested him out, one day I peed right in the middle of a path and sure enough within a week I had a stye, coincidence?
Well I never tested him again.:p ;)

Back