Ever heard of GSM Outdoors? They just bought Cold steel.

..... I know a guy.

..... the English have not done good cricket in years.....you want one made for beating crocodiles to death....not hedgehogs... :D

Shots fired! :D

Wow. That’s some really really lame advertising

That is an awful video. Why is the Bada$$ cruiser guy wearing sportsbike gloves?

That video did not reassure me about the the quality of the knives moving forward...and it made me like motorcycles less. ;)

Oh look an over-exposed, out of focus video that makes no sense. Never seen that before :rolleyes:o_O

That motorcycle video reminds me of the ZT video that came out a while ago and was just... Stupid. Marketing people who have no clue about what they're selling or who they are selling to and just trying to be cool or hip.

Just stop. Show us some knives, show what they can do. Don't talk to me about bonds and other hokey junk. I don't care. I'm an electrician, i drive a Ford focus, I have a toddler who likes sonic the hedgehog and despicable me.

If they keep putting out these types of videos I won't even give them a chance. Nothing worse than tone deaf marketing. At least Lynn showed his products could stand up to nearly anything...his videos were useful.

Agree with all of this. This video is one hundred bajillion percent cringe.

“Look at this video random knife consumer! Strap on two of our products and hop on your Harley you just wiped down, then your own face, then ride off to use your Voyager to pop a beer because riding a bike impaired is cool!”

It’s more than knife!

I ordered a Bush Ranger a week ago. I noticed that it won’t ship until late January. I hope it is still the same quality as they were when released.

@WValtakis The Espada always makes me smile, maybe not the best knife to take with you the first day at work but cool none the less.:thumbsup::)

It is all about comportment. Take it on the first day, do the right thing and you’ll get a raise and promotion. You new boss would run away and leave you the vacancy.

n2s

That motorcycle video reminds me of the ZT video that came out a while ago and was just... Stupid. Marketing people who have no clue about what they're selling or who they are selling to and just trying to be cool or hip.

Just stop. Show us some knives, show what they can do. Don't talk to me about bonds and other hokey junk. I don't care. I'm an electrician, i drive a Ford focus, I have a toddler who likes sonic the hedgehog and despicable me.

If they keep putting out these types of videos I won't even give them a chance. Nothing worse than tone deaf marketing. At least Lynn showed his products could stand up to nearly anything...his videos were useful.

This is hilarious, because I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm the first guy in line to point and roll my eyes at a video of a dude cutting up a boot full of pork chops. Or a spear thrown at an ice block. :eek::rolleyes:

But they are far and away better than this canned carp.

Well that’s a crappy ad. And to me it is just a knife, some of them are good and some of them are bad; but, what’s this bonding they speak of?

It’s like replacing PT Barnum with Bozo.

n2s.

Last edited:
Hmmm, maybe they're onto something here. Lifestyle marketing...

Mad Science Forge titanium machetes. It's not just a machete duct-taped to your back under your shirt: it's a lifestyle. You'll be BONDED to your titanium machete - by duct tape. To your back. Under your shirt! You and your titanium machete will become one. You ARE that titanium machete (that's duct taped to your back under your shirt).

I could get into this. Anybody got a bunch of stick-on tattoos and a Harley I can borrow for a minute?

Oh, so people theorizing about Cold Steel in this thread are spreading baseless rumors and making wild, unfounded accusations. But people doing the same thing in an unaffiliated facebook group are a bastion of truth and accuracy. Got it.
Not theorizing, but presenting second hand information as being fact, refusing to reveal the source for confirmation then protesting vehemently when questioned why. The FB page I can only assume is the Cold Steel fan club page where the actual people who worked for Cold Steel are posting first hand accounts of whats been going on. That is far more reliable information coming right from source. Those are two totally different things and the butthurt fanbois can't seem to make the distinction between the two. They see what they want too see, hear what they want to hear and anybody who is not commiserating with them is a troll. Second hand information is unreliable information ( I know a guy who had a cousin who etc etc..) unless the source is given for review. Basic English Writing 101..... and reading comprehension seems a bit lacking around here lately too....so, did you get all that too?

Not theorizing, but presenting second hand information as being fact, refusing to reveal the source for confirmation then protesting vehemently when questioned why. The FB page I can only assume is the Cold Steel fan club page where the actual people who worked for Cold Steel are posting first hand accounts of whats been going on. That is far more reliable information coming right from source. Those are two totally different things and the butthurt fanbois can't seem to make the distinction between the two. They see what they want too see, hear what they want to hear and anybody who is not commiserating with them is a troll. Second hand information is unreliable information ( I know a guy who had a cousin who etc etc..) unless the source is given for review. Basic English Writing 101..... and reading comprehension seems a bit lacking around here lately too....so, did you get all that too?

I didn't get any indication of what you're saying from the discussion in this thread. Perhaps it is you who are the incomprehensible troll. o_O

I've been very sad about this since I heard about it. Ironic, since I'm not much of a Cold Steel fan. On the other hand, they were the first 'modern' knife company I knew about - back in the 80s, the LGS had Buck, Case, and Cold Steel. I've probably owned more CS products than from any other knife company.

I'm bummed for the employees - I know what it's like to come to work and find out the company is sold and it's over.

And a Cold Steel video where the only knife use is to open a beer?!

It's the end of an era. Bummed I never quite got around to buying an Old Steel Recon Tanto. Think I missed my chance on that, and have no interest in a Sold Steel Recon "It's a Lifestyle" Tanto.

-Tyson

well, they sold me on a chain wallet so I can be bonded?

I’m pretty sure that was a “knife chain” in the video...third cold steel knife’s a charm. ;)

I didn't get any indication of what you're saying from the discussion in this thread. Perhaps it is you who are the incomprehensible troll. o_O
Intelligent well thought out response.....name calling, the last refuge of those who can't disprove the opposing point of view.....Probably should have expected that all things considered....

I sincerely believe, GSM has either been directly in charge for some time, or Lynn was changing direction at their suggestion or knowing it would please them.
I actually do agree with this !

Explains a lot of the weirdness near the end .

Like LT claiming they couldn't find any A2 to meet their high standards , but had found some really great 4034SS ?

I knew right then SOMETHING was bad wrong .

Back