Ever heard of GSM Outdoors? They just bought Cold steel.

Everyones speculating that Cold Steel is going to wind up as gas station knives;instead of jumping the gun, wouldnt it be better to just wait and see what happens? this 46 pages of crap might all be for nothing.....
If they'd been bought by a generic private equity company, I would predict that they end up as gas station knives. But given who actually bought them, and the kind of distribution channels and focus they already have, I'm expecting clamshell-packaged camping knives at Costco, clamshell camping and hunting knives at Bass Pro/Cabelas, things like that.

-Tyson

Just in case it all goes to hell, my Espada arrived.
ORGx0qn.jpg

That is a sick knife. Really on the fence on that one. Just got the large over the summer and it’s insane, but I love anything Bowie, and Navajas are just about extinct. Nice score.

Got my SR1 in, and it's ridiculous and everything I love about Cold Steel and their products. If Sold Steel can continue this level of hilarious knuckleheadedness, we might be ok.

I have a few of those shovels, they are great. one i beat the hell out of still works great, i even cut down a small tree with it.Great to keep in a car or on an ATV.

What's your minimum acceptable steel for a sword cane?
I would have been happy with 1055 or any machete steel because the requested performance is similar. 420HC is OK for knives (I have several and they perform well) but I'm not sure it is adequate for a sword. Same applies to 3Cr13 Mov and 4116 : OK in the kitchen, not outdoors. The fact is, I would use the Heavy Duty Sword Cane ! I'd always take it for a walk in the woods (I'm sometimes happy for a cane) and use it to clear the path of the occasional brambles and invasive thorn bushes. I'd positively hate to have a rolled edge everytime I hack at a branch or some weed.

Everyones speculating that Cold Steel is going to wind up as gas station knives;instead of jumping the gun, wouldnt it be better to just wait and see what happens? this 46 pages of crap might all be for nothing.....

No! What's the fun in that?

it’s like some people don’t even realize enthusiast forums thrive on this sort of rampant speculation

Cold Steel and GSMO sure did everything needed to stir up a speculation storm. Evil plan is it ?

You are right, probably. It's just a storm of wind...The products they will eventually turn out will tell it.

I havent owned a cold steel product for 15 years. Now you enablers convinced me I should at least try the AD-15.

Ordered one today.

I keep telling stories to my boys about the SRK and Recon Tanto I had back in the day, and how badass tough they were.

So now I'm done telling stories. Ordered both, and will let them choose betwixt them.

Got a Kobun for myself. I've had a couple in the past and gave them away. Better keep this one now, until the New Cold Steel shows itself anyways.

The recon tanto and srk are affordable enough that id be surprised if they got discontinued. Many in the military carry them i cant see those going away.

I havent owned a cold steel product for 15 years. Now you enablers convinced me I should at least try the AD-15.

Ordered one today.
Congrats! I only started buying coldsteel the past 10 years. Demko is the only reason CS showed up on my radar.

Back