Every once in awhile something wonderful just smacks ya in the head!

Bawanna

It happened to me today.
You may recall I passed on a couple knives recently because I had this in route. I'm sworn at least temporarily to secrecy on where I got it but it totally knocked me over.

Check it out.

Check out the makers mark!!!!!! Can you say BURA!!!!

://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/hopke5/DSCN5626_zps0893dbda.jpg

And she likes it, Shaylin likes it.

7 1/2" overall length, false edge on the top but close to sharp, I might have to make that just a bit more false, we're not allowed dirks or double edge round these parts, big G thinks we might poke ourselves in the eye.

I'm absolutely thrilled with this thing, it's even gonna give my much loved IBBB a strong run for the money.
It has a history that makes it sweet too.
As I understand it Kismet found a knife made from an old file in a field. He sent it to Uncle who sent it to the Kamis and had them make some. This is the result. Stag handled beauty.

Yeah it was in the exchange for about 14 seconds. Special thanks to moparsbob for telling me about it.

I'm in awe just sitting here looking at it and knowing it came from Bura's hands. Wow!

awesome get bawanna, these are very fine skinning knives imo because of that nice back edge

Wow Bawanna, that knife is something special. Tremendous find and I can see why it would challenge your IBBB a bit. Don't damage it too much blunting the swedge.

Running a finger across the wedge it doesn't cut but its close. Blade is totally legal length wise even in Seattle. You think its legal?

Nice knife! I am impressed that you found such a bargain and didn't let it go to your haid............

Nice knife! I am impressed that you found such a bargain and didn't let it go to your haid............

How do ya know it was a bargain? (I thought it was).

I fear it did go to my haid though, strong urge to sit on the porch an toot my own horn. But its bloody cold out there. Me hands be aching, need cheese to go with my whine.

Hmm, Not sure about the legality... I thought I used to be familiar with the State knife laws. But I can't find the full set or something. What I can find doesn't say anything about the double sided blades in open carry. It just mentions them (dirk/dagger) in relation to being concealed or carried in a furtive nature. color me confused or my google-fu is seriously messed up.

Hmm, Not sure about the legality... I thought I used to be familiar with the State knife laws. But I can't find the full set or something. What I can find doesn't say anything about the double sided blades in open carry. It just mentions them (dirk/dagger) in relation to being concealed or carried in a furtive nature. color me confused or my google-fu is seriously messed up.

http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/sta-law.htm

This is the best knife laws site. Compiled by BF's notable knife expert Bernard Levine of the Knife collecting and identification forum.

That there is one fine knife, and one of a kind by our most beloved kami's. Congrats man, it found its home.

That's a beauty, all right - your pictures are much better than the ones that were on the exchange. If it had been just a bit longer, with a long enough handle for my big hands, I would have jumped on it. But I believe the reason I didn't was because it was meant to go to bawanna.

Thanks Karda, That is the listing I was using. I can't find anything against daggers or having the backedge sharpened. I was positive that was in the Washignton State laws but can't find anything there now. Just can't carry them concealed.

The link has a special section just for Seattle ordinance.

I know dirks are illegal but I can't find anything that describes what they consider a dirk.

Back