Every once in awhile something wonderful just smacks ya in the head!

Congratulations! I've seen it before (wasn't mind, Guess I remember seeing it when it came out). Glad it's in good hands. :)

The link has a special section just for Seattle ordinance.

I know dirks are illegal but I can't find anything that describes what they consider a dirk.
Texas law is pretty much the same way. Bowies are illegal but there is no such definition of a Bowie. So are dirks and double edged anything.

Spears are still illegal. Figure that?

Ya know what would finish that amazing blade off??? Yep I bet you do.............

Generally you have to consult case law whenever the law says dirks, bowies, daggers and such. In Texas anything double edged is considered a dagger, and I think anything of around short sword length double edged is considered a dirk, and a bowie is generally considered a big bladed knife with a crossguard.

I sure do love it. I just came in from making sawdust in the man cave and been holding it for the last 45 minutes or so.

Beautiful, practical knife. I plan to wear it frequently.

Oh, on the dirk/dagger thing...I poked around way back then and a couple of things came to light. First, the false edge is not sharpened and is designed to slip between joints and pry some space to cut through with the bottom edge. Second, the laws in most states are ambiguous, and often were designed for stiletto-type stabbing blades, not hunting edges with round tips.

Third, and most important, it is pretty much up to the discretion of the LEO in the situation to make the initial determination. The LEO's attention must first be drawn to the knife, and the KPH is not an attention getter, and the charge would--if made--be most like a "piling on" of different counts, done to create a more impressive case for the state's attorneys to decide to prosecute.

Have fun, be safe.

I agree. It's all up to the officers initial interpretation.

They generally wouldn't be concerned about it unless they are already concerned about you for other reasons.

Where one might make a big deal about it, the other might let it go unnoticed.

I've asked several of the officers here about various blades and most aren't even sure themselves what the law is.

Mate, could you imagine if every police officer knew every law? It'd be anarchy. Especially all those 100 year old laws that still exist but no one cares about?

"Sir, you walked across the street 20ft from an Oak tree, on a Sunday, while the Suns going down. We're going to have to put your horse down."

Oh yeah, it would be very very bad. Even if they knew half the laws.

I think we've discovered the problem. TOO MANY LAWS!

I was born at least a 100 years too late but as Bookie always reminds me, if I was born a 100 years earlier I'd already be dead.
Not a happy thought right there. Course in my last life I was an anvil so this ones pretty good.

Ignorance is bliss. :) And bookie has a point, his logic is firm and his maths hold up lol how did you know you were an anvil? Cause you're tough as iron? :D

Bookie wins the internet today. My momma claims I fell out of my top bunk, I think she pushed me on purpose but I landed on my head. Didn't even dent.

Had a blonde spot all my life at the point of impact up till I didn't have no hair in that spot.

I'm still debating what I wanna be in my next life but I got a couple fine ideas.

I'm still debating what I wanna be in my next life but I got a couple fine ideas.
Maybe a hammer? It will compliment what you were in your last life! You'll have to figure out the time warp wormhole thing first tho if you want to make your own Durty Nelly.

I'm afraid to even think hammer. Might be misinterpreted and I'll end up being a nail. How boring is that.

Tough as iron? More like man of play doh.

I spent a few hour on a pile of logs cutting firewood yesterday.

I feel like a punching bag for Mohammad Ali today.

Last edited:
I'm afraid to even think hammer. Might be misinterpreted and I'll end up being a nail. How boring is that.

Tough as iron? More like man of play doh.

I spent a few hour on a pile of logs cutting firewood yesterday.

I feel like a punching bag for Mohammad Ali today.

Good for you and ouch! Heal quick!

Custom leather sure would look nice with that knife. . . ;) he he he

I regret my negligence and I still have to take pictures but another member here out of the dad burned goodness of his heart, (his name has Steely in it) sent me a well used and loved twin to this HI Hunter knife so that I can make it a user and keep this one pristine possibly for my grandaughter to have some day.

The handle is slightly larger diameter (but still STAG!) and straight. Really a wonderful little knife. The first one is so genuinely pretty I would still get that first scratch remorse. I do plan to work at getting it shaving sharp and ready.
Hunter II is nearly ready to go. I ain't too good at sharpening, I used to be but somewhere along the line I lost the touch or something. Takes more effort now days, not sure what happened.

I'll take some pictures tonight of the pair to share. And thanks again to the anonymous donor for Hunter II, she's a sweet sweet thing. And together, the pair is breath taking.

Back